VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This russian-made game seems like a Fallout hack to me, but it still seems quite cool. I've heard it will be released in my country by October. It would be good for me trying a demo or something before. I may even buy it (but I would like to order the English version, because most translations suck).

www.metalheart.ru

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmm, this is the first I've heard of this game. I loved Fallout but didn't like Arcanum much. I think it's funny that they pretty much admitted on the game's site that it's basically a knockoff of Fallout & Arcanum, but I won't complain because there's a desperate lack of good sci-fi RPGs these days.

I'm a little hesitant to check it out though because it seems to be pushing the combat aspect, and I'm afraid that it might be too much like a turn-based Fallout Tactics. Most of the few reviews I found are pretty positive though.

Reply 4 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It'll be interesting to see what Bethesda does with Fallout 3. Hopefully it won't be like Morrowind where you can easily turn into an Uber Baddass and makes the game too easy.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote:

er.. i guess you mean you like to order the Russian version, because most translations suck. 😉

@Robertmo:

Ermmh. I don't speak russian, AT ALL!

@HunterZ:

I hope it won't turn out to be another Fallout Tactics. Some people on other forum assured me it really has some nice plot/script. I hope so. A bad or cliched storyline is better than nothing.

@DosFreak:

I am not a big fan of the Elder Scrolls saga, but I agree that they are just ok if you like them. I am also wondering what will become of Fallout since it is being developed by Bethesda now.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 6 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah Fallout 3 is the game I've been most interested in since I first heard Bethesda was doing it. I think they'll do a good job, except I'm also worried about becoming too powerful in the end. Morrowind was kind of silly in that you could master every single skill by the end of the game and become a human fighter jet, flying around at supersonic speeds and blasting everything in sight.

Funny thing is, I saw a video where someone beat Morrowind in like 15 minutes by overdosing on speed and intelligence potions.

Still it's better than Arcanum, where I couldn't get past the first down because I didn't focus my skill selections enough and wasn't powerful or rich enough to get past the bully guarding the exit using any of the various methods that the game was supposed to make available.

Reply 7 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I remember to have finished Arcanum a long time ago and it didn't dissapointed me. I liked both Fallouts more, anyway.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 8 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's too bad that Troika went out of business, but none of their games (Arcanum, D&D Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire: Bloodlines) did well enough. Temple and Vampire were rushed in my opinion and were buggy and/or unfinished as a result. Despite being frustrated by poor performance in Vampire due to it using a not-yet-mature version of the Half-Life 2 engine, I enjoyed what I played of it. I did end up putting it down before finishing it though. Like Arcanum versus Fallout, though, Vampire: Bloodlines just wasn't as good as Deus Ex in my opinion (but again it could be somewhat due to the fantasy versus sci-fi aspect).

Reply 9 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I enjoyed The Temple of Elemental Evil a lot, but then again, it was ridden with bugs. I finished Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines and I liked it a lot, but I agree, it was a resource hog. Those people not lucky enough to have 1GB+ of RAM would suffer long long loading times.

Alas! I didn't know Troika went out of business... 😳 😳 😳

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)