First post, by monkeyman

User metadata

Poll: monkeyman is:

• 1 vote (25%) 1 vote (25%)
  • No votes No votes
  • No votes No votes
  • 3 votes (75%) 3 votes (75%)

CLEANED UP FROM ORIGINAL POST

To all gentlemen and ladies alike! Donate some of the cold hard cash that you insessantly throw away on new computer stuff, to VOGONS! God knows, Snover is obviously over-whelmed, (as evidenced by all of the latest and greatest problems with the VOGONS board), and requires some expertise in managing the gig. Maybe Snover will hire some REAL programmers to run the ship.

Break down, you cheap people, and donate some moolah to this infested POS!

Thank you very much,

Yours in spirit,

Monkeyman, rip

Reply 3 of 16, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Heh. Even if he isn't some sort of Snover's alter-ego, he has some valid points. 😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 16, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

PRIVATE INFO NOT FOR MERE NORMAL USERS EYES.

But you are right. (s)he has some good points.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 16, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Gasp! How did you find my highly secret address of Internet Protocol fame?!! I paid $50 for this program that came on a pop-up window that said it would keep my private information secret! :(((

By the way I think I solved most of the server issues by taking spamd processes down to 2 and increasing the amount of memory available for MySQL keys a bit (to reduce disk thrashing). cPanel still sucks. Celly 1.7 still sucks. :)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 10 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

When I get my $60,000 per year contract job I'll be sure to donate a hefty sum. 😁

Last edited by DosFreak on 2005-07-20, 00:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 12 of 16, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It just isn't the same without all the low-brow colorful metaphors. Oh well.

Snover, would it really help for people to donate money to you?

EDIT: Changed thread to include a poll. Heckle away!

Reply 13 of 16, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not really, a very competent PHP programmer and someone with knowledge of memcached would be useful though. With those things, the other server I have could have its load reduced, which would provide an opportunity to migrate things there.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 15 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In reference to my contract job....just got a phone call today requesting info they needed that I didn't have on my resume....luckily I knew what they were talking about and gave 'em the info....hopefully it helped them in considering me. This is for a Network Admin job in Al Udeid. 😁 If I do get it then....

1. Buy my dream laptop (I'll be over there for at least a year and probably more if I stay on).
2. Buy a ****load of DVD's.
3. Buy ALOT of icy boxes with 500gb HD's...to consolidate my 250/200gb HD's and also to fill with movies (pr0n).
4. Women + money = WOOHOO! (Yeah right 😉 )
5. Vogons donation.

Yep that's right, Vogons is #5 on the list.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline