VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am missing some of the older TitaniumGL releases. I would like to complete my collection. The missing files include:

TitaniumGL_for_gamers_free_2010_06.zip
TitaniumGL_for_gamers_free_2010_09.zip
A Nov 2011 version (TitaniumGL_for_windows_free_2011_11.zip?)
2013 releases (2 releases)
2011 Windows SW renderer (2 releases)

Please help me collecting them if you have.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 11, by Geri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't recommend to use older releases. There are reason why i wipe them from the net: bugous, unstable... some versions have DRM which doesn't even works any more. Some of my domain names where titaniumgl tries to connect to initialize its drm, are not even under my control since years, and they spreading viruses. I cant do anything with them. I don't think there is any video card or any video game which works better with an older release. Also some older titaniumgl releases are limited to run for a few minutes, and then asks you to buy it - from a website that doesnt exists any more, and shovels viruses to your face. New version has no drm (and it will have no drm in the future as well). I would recommend people in the vogons archive to eradicate older versions of titaniumgl from their driver list, and replace it with the newest version instead.

TitaniumGL the OpenGL to D3D wrapper:
http://users.atw.hu/titaniumgl/index.html

Reply 2 of 11, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Geri wrote on 2023-08-21, 09:51:

I don't recommend to use older releases. There are reason why i wipe them from the net: bugous, unstable... some versions have DRM which doesn't even works any more. Some of my domain names where titaniumgl tries to connect to initialize its drm, are not even under my control since years, and they spreading viruses. I cant do anything with them. I don't think there is any video card or any video game which works better with an older release. Also some older titaniumgl releases are limited to run for a few minutes, and then asks you to buy it - from a website that doesnt exists any more, and shovels viruses to your face. New version has no drm (and it will have no drm in the future as well). I would recommend people in the vogons archive to eradicate older versions of titaniumgl from their driver list, and replace it with the newest version instead.

Yes I remember it wasn't working for me on Win11, but some user had it working till ow on Win7, so that'll be of no use to future users anyways. About the virus, I will be careful about it.

Reply 3 of 11, by Geri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The current version supports officially up to Windows7. Both 32 and 64 bit version applications are supported.
I have never seen windows 11, and never personally used windows 10 or windows 8, but the older versions are certainly not the way to go on a modern system.

Reply 4 of 11, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Geri wrote on 2023-08-21, 21:18:

The current version supports officially up to Windows7. Both 32 and 64 bit version applications are supported.
I have never seen windows 11, and never personally used windows 10 or windows 8, but the older versions are certainly not the way to go on a modern system.

Btw can you tell how you implemented to run Quake2 on this? I can't see the game using it at all and instead moving to the Microsoft Standard ICD and the file is not in use. Did you modify any file? Which one?

Reply 5 of 11, by Geri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2023-08-22, 17:26:

Btw can you tell how you implemented to run Quake2 on this? I can't see the game using it at all and instead moving to the Microsoft Standard ICD and the file is not in use. Did you modify any file? Which one?

The game should use it, if you put the proper opengl32.dll file (windows 32 bit version) to the directory of quake2.exe.
If this doesnt happens, it can be due to multiple factors:

1. your graphics card driver have a profile for quake2.exe and if quake2.exe is being executed, the os gets redirected to load the graphics drivers opengl driver with certain settings.
solution: rename the file to randomfilename.exe

2. your graphics card driver have a profile for quake2.exe based on checksum info
solution: delete the profile

3. windows refuses to load titaniumgl's opengl32.dll for some other reason
solution: boot a linux, open the partition, and nuke the opengl32.dll files in windows/system32 (32 bit) and windows/system (64 bit) directories (paths can vary based on your os) and replace them with titaniumgl. ensure to back up your old files, and ensure windows cant replace it with its original files.

Last edited by Geri on 2023-08-24, 14:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 11, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Geri wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:07:
The game should use it, if you put the proper opengl32.dll file (windows 32 bit version) to the directory of quake2.exe. If thi […]
Show full quote
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2023-08-22, 17:26:

The game should use it, if you put the proper opengl32.dll file (windows 32 bit version) to the directory of quake2.exe.
If this doesnt happens, it can be due to multiple factors:

1. your graphics card driver have a profile for quake2.exe and if quake2.exe is being executed, the os gets redirected to load the graphics drivers opengl driver with certain settings.
solution: rename the file to randomfilename.exe

2. your graphics card driver have a profile for quake2.exe based on checksum info
solution: delete the profile

3. windows refuses to load titaniumgl's opengl32.dll for some other reason
solution: boot a linux, open the partition, and nuke the opengl32.dll files in windows/system32 and windows/system directories (paths can vary based on your os) and replace them with titaniumgl. ensure to back up your old files, and ensure windows cant replace it with its original files.

Okay the 32-bit file worked, I was using the 64-bit file.
The game doesn't look quite right, can you verify:

HW TitaniumGL

file.php?mode=view&id=171951

SW TitaniumGL

file.php?mode=view&id=171952

Nvidia OpenGL ICD

file.php?mode=view&id=171953

Attachments

Reply 7 of 11, by Geri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:17:

This is how quake2 looks with titaniumgl. Proper looks can be achieved if legacy sgis multitexturing is enabled - but its blocked due to serious performance issues when using it.

Reply 8 of 11, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Geri wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:24:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:17:

This is how quake2 looks with titaniumgl. Proper looks can be achieved if legacy sgis multitexturing is enabled - but its blocked due to serious performance issues when using it.

What about the SW rendering? I see texture artifacts and wobbliness.

Reply 9 of 11, by Geri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:30:

If you dont want to see wobbles, i recommend you to use mesa3d.

Reply 10 of 11, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Geri wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:33:
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2023-08-24, 14:30:

If you dont want to see wobbles, i recommend you to use mesa3d.

It's not that I will use TitaniumGL on a daily basis. I just wanted to know what the change is...

Reply 11 of 11, by Geri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BEEN_Nath_58 wrote on 2023-08-24, 15:08:

It's not that I will use TitaniumGL on a daily basis. I just wanted to know what the change is...

TitaniumGL focuses to run stuff fast, enjoyably and reliably on semi-old computers.
Perfecting the pixel- or effect accuracy is not within the goals of the project. There are different projects made by others to do that.