Common searches

Confirm a question about this forum

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh im an Aussie and we have a great bunch of retro techies here, though I do notice there are a good number of Europeans here.

And an Australian I'm constantly having my mail from DHL Germany redirected to Austria .. its mildly irritating.. can we get a vote to change Austria to another name ?

Or can someone in Germany go slap DHL around the head, not only for being slow as molasses but not being able to tell Austria from Australia.

Reply 21 of 26, by Disruptor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Trashbytes wrote on 2024-01-27, 11:11:

Heh im an Aussie and we have a great bunch of retro techies here, though I do notice there are a good number of Europeans here.

And an Australian I'm constantly having my mail from DHL Germany redirected to Austria .. its mildly irritating.. can we get a vote to change Austria to another name ?

Or can someone in Germany go slap DHL around the head, not only for being slow as molasses but not being able to tell Austria from Australia.

Haha. Austria. No Kangaroos here.
But I guess we have the older rights on the name here.

I perhaps can slap DHL. I'm shareholder.
What happens to that parcels? Is there just a delay, or do the senders have to pay again?

Reply 22 of 26, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Disruptor wrote on 2024-01-27, 11:19:
Haha. Austria. No Kangaroos here. But I guess we have the older rights on the name here. […]
Show full quote
Trashbytes wrote on 2024-01-27, 11:11:

Haha. Austria. No Kangaroos here.
But I guess we have the older rights on the name here.

I perhaps can slap DHL. I'm shareholder.
What happens to that parcels? Is there just a delay, or do the senders have to pay again?

If its redirected to Austria then DHL has to locate it and return it to the sender who has to then repackage/relabel it and repost it at their expense IIRC, if it cant be located then its a refund for the buyer and a insurance claim for the sender.

Australia was meant to be called New Holland or Van Diemens Land which is specific to Tasmania really .. but Terra Australis (Latin: Southern Land) was also a candidate.

I do like Terra Australis, has a nice ring to it and importantly its not overly similar to Austria.

Reply 23 of 26, by Disruptor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Trashbytes wrote on 2024-01-27, 11:34:

If its redirected to Austria then DHL has to locate it and return it to the sender who has to then repackage/relabel it and repost it at their expense IIRC, if it cant be located then its a refund for the buyer and a insurance claim for the sender.

If you have the tracking ID, you may file an investigation request at DHL, even as receiver.
But it would help to have a picture of the label before the parcel is sent.
I may help you on next occurrence.

Reply 24 of 26, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Disruptor wrote on 2024-01-27, 12:50:
If you have the tracking ID, you may file an investigation request at DHL, even as receiver. But it would help to have a picture […]
Show full quote
Trashbytes wrote on 2024-01-27, 11:34:

If you have the tracking ID, you may file an investigation request at DHL, even as receiver.
But it would help to have a picture of the label before the parcel is sent.
I may help you on next occurrence.

In this case the seller was able to get the package back eventually, DHL took quite a while to send it back.

Not sure why DHL Germany is so slow, I though German efficiency would have made sure it was fast 😁

But, there are a lot of rather hard to find CPUs in Germany and the seller I get them from is one of the best I have worked with so we shall persist in making DHL do its job.

Reply 25 of 26, by iraito

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Europeans are a pretty solid presence and I gotta say we Italians roam all kinds of retro pc themed website, there's a bunch of us active here on vogons.

uRj9ajU.pngqZbxQbV.png
If you wanna check a blue ball playing retro PC games
MIDI Devices: RA-50 (modded to MT-32) SC-55

Reply 26 of 26, by StriderTR

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, I see a lot of locations from all over. USA for me. 😀

I have found info on these forums useful for many years, but it wasn't until recently I decided to start participating.

I love all the tech I grew up on, what we call "retro" these days, games and hardware included.

Being a child of the 70's, and having a computer at my fingertips since 1981, I've found myself suffering quite badly from the very real nostalgia bug. 😜

Retro Blog: https://theclassicgeek.blogspot.com/
Archive: https://archive.org/details/@theclassicgeek/
3D Things: https://www.thingiverse.com/classicgeek/collections