VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok. Little nostalgis trip.

I used a simple and easy to use electronic simulation program in a school back in the day.

It ran from Windows 3.1. You could make analog and digital schemstics and then run them, and see realtime simple results. Nothing fancy. Load and save schematics.

So maybe someone has a "lightbulb" pun intended.

So list electronic simulators, that are known to work in Windows 3.1

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 2 of 6, by HandOfFate

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There was also CircuitMaker

Am486 DX4 120MHz, no L2, 16MB, Tseng ET4000/W32 1MB VLB, ESS ES1869 /// 5x86 133MHz, 256kb L2, 64MB, S3 Virge/DX 4MB PCI, SB16 + Yucatan FX, PicoGUS /// Pentium III 1GHz, 512MB, Asus V7700 64MB AGP, SB Live!

Reply 3 of 6, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not any of those. It was simple and small. Because back in the day I copied it to few flopies. But can not remember the name.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 4 of 6, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember using something like "Electronic Workbench" when I was studying. Our computers were a mix-up of Windows 3.x and 95, so probably it ran on 3.x.

Maybe I could find a backup of that program...

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 5 of 6, by HandOfFate

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I see a few versions of an Eletronic Workbench on Vetusware, and does seem to be a Win 3.x program (but version 5 needs Win32s to run)

Am486 DX4 120MHz, no L2, 16MB, Tseng ET4000/W32 1MB VLB, ESS ES1869 /// 5x86 133MHz, 256kb L2, 64MB, S3 Virge/DX 4MB PCI, SB16 + Yucatan FX, PicoGUS /// Pentium III 1GHz, 512MB, Asus V7700 64MB AGP, SB Live!

Reply 6 of 6, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep thats the one. And it was version 3.0. Thanks guys.