File comment
    Bounce-em-up
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 10, by skinmarquee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I noticed a couple months ago, Lays Stax chips don't have a (R) or (TM) on them, at least here in Canada. I know my game came first, and it's been in Debian for a long time, but I don't know if that's the reason. xD

I just remember laughing the first time I saw Stax chips (after making the game)! xD

Reply 2 of 10, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh, that's a pretty cool game. Nice of you to put it out for free. I'm getting audio glitches in DOSBox... is there a recommended configuration?

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 3 of 10, by demiurge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
skinmarquee wrote on 2024-02-17, 23:05:

I noticed a couple months ago, Lays Stax chips don't have a (R) or (TM) on them, at least here in Canada. I know my game came first, and it's been in Debian for a long time, but I don't know if that's the reason. xD

I just remember laughing the first time I saw Stax chips (after making the game)! xD

That's not really how trademarks work. A trademark is good for a particular scope. For instance Apple records and Apple computers both have a trademark on the word "Apple".

Reply 4 of 10, by skinmarquee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kippesoep wrote on 2024-02-19, 00:25:

Heh, that's a pretty cool game. Nice of you to put it out for free. I'm getting audio glitches in DOSBox... is there a recommended configuration?

Sorry, I wish I could help. I get the same thing in DOSBox and I haven't investigated if there's a way to fix it.

Reply 5 of 10, by skinmarquee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
demiurge wrote on 2024-02-19, 01:02:

That's not really how trademarks work. A trademark is good for a particular scope. For instance Apple records and Apple computers both have a trademark on the word "Apple".

I'm a trademark owner, and while that's true, I've seen some scopes of some trademarks that cover almost anything. For example I was researching trademarks with "Monster" in the name, and "Monster" cable apparently deals in video games...

I guess that doesn't matter unless I wanted to expand into potato chips though. My family have helped with farming potatoes in New Brunswick for a long time (my dad's side of the family) but you're right, I doubt it. xD

By the way, I love Lays chips, so they are free to use Stax as long as I can use it for this series of games (I also regretably made a rap song called Stax too but my mother was horrified by my rap albums so I took them down)

Reply 7 of 10, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

And maybe there are no comments, 'cause people don't bother to write negative feedback just not to offend oversensitive internet-dwelling-people of today 😀

Ok, I'll be honest. The two-player Stax game looks like some Tetris clone, but it's split screen two-player only, so there's no reason to try it again. The other one with the bouncy ball seems funny, but the "bullet" is pretty uncontrollable and level two is my limit - I've lost interest to try it more than three times.

Are you happy now with my non-positive feedback? No?

from СМ630 to Ryzen gen. 3
engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 8 of 10, by skinmarquee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, I'm ecstatic you went out of your way to find bad things in 2 decent games. Thanks a tonne. You know that's not the only alternative right? I've had hundreds of thousands of tracked downloads of my games, probably millions pirated, yet you expect me to believe I don't get feedback just because they're bad games? Just what I expected and why people don't complain, trolls like you. I guess you'd prefer if there were no free games, is that better for you? Just don't bother because we'll just call them bad games to get out of our bad attitude. Typical.

Reply 9 of 10, by analog_programmer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I didn't wrote if they're bad or good. I wrote that they can't catch my attention and the reasons why. And as I expected, you didn't like my non-positive feedback. Why then you've complained that there's only one comment for your games? Most of the people just don't bother to give negative feedback for something that they didn't like, 'cause they expect negative reactions on their feedback.

Look, my digital generation child, make something new or better, than come to complain if still no one cares about it.

from СМ630 to Ryzen gen. 3
engineer's five pennies: this world goes south since everything's run by financiers and economists
this isn't voice chat, yet some people, overusing online communications, "talk" and "hear voices"

Reply 10 of 10, by skinmarquee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
analog_programmer wrote on 2024-03-06, 22:05:

I didn't wrote if they're bad or good. I wrote that they can't catch my attention and the reasons why. And as I expected, you didn't like my non-positive feedback. Why then you've complained that there's only one comment for your games? Most of the people just don't bother to give negative feedback for something that they didn't like, 'cause they expect negative reactions on their feedback.

Look, my digital generation child, make something new or better, than come to complain if still no one cares about it.

Yes, the accepted wisdom of people who don't do anything.