VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by podrick

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

some 20-30 years ago i remember playing a dos game in 2-player on the same keyboard with a bud of mine but i can't remember the games name.....no matter how much i try.

is there a list of every vertical scroller game somewhere on the web?

p.s. it's not an arcade game. i think you can class it as an arcade game but it was not any of the 194X games. it was very basic. mostly blue backgrounds with little old style aircraft.
i don't know why i always thought it had wing in the name but my searches keep coming up with games that aren't it.

Last edited by podrick on 2024-03-19, 12:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 7 of 7, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In mobygames.com you can browse the games filtered by DOS platform and then by category/genre, the lists are not too big to check them entirely. (Although search/tags are broken since always. The list of "scrolling shoot 'em ups" is very short, most of the shoot 'em ups are under "action" + "shooter" and you need to generate lists for all possible combinations that may contain such games)

I'm starting to believe that you remember something wrong and you need to expand your search, because the number of games that combine everything you mentioned (DOS, shoot 'em up, vertical scrolling, old style airplanes, blue backgrounds, 2-player mode) is small.