VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There was an old flash game, where you had, I think 100 objects (signs) on the screen. You had to look at one of them, and pressing the button would reveal what you were looking at. It was surprising as it never made a mistake: there was also no camera connected to the PC that would do some eye tracking and stuff.

Does anybody have the game or know where to get it or what's the name?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 1 of 4, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i'm intrigued! i wonder if it was one of those where the 'psychology' of our attention was being used by clever design to lead us to look at particular places while we thought we were being 'random'

if its remembered i wonder if its on flashmuseum or similar, i sometimes think about all those flash, java applet and other web games as well as older cell phone games now seemingly lost - in a way that is even more 'lost' than old dos games

Reply 2 of 4, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gerry wrote on 2024-03-26, 15:14:

i'm intrigued! i wonder if it was one of those where the 'psychology' of our attention was being used by clever design to lead us to look at particular places while we thought we were being 'random'

if its remembered i wonder if its on flashmuseum or similar, i sometimes think about all those flash, java applet and other web games as well as older cell phone games now seemingly lost - in a way that is even more 'lost' than old dos games

Got the game:
https://flashpointproject.github.io/flashpoin … f5-c9deb6cd8b89

(for some reason, every no I choose in the game turns up with a flower entry. EIther its a mathematical data based game or I have to think of a better number)

Reply 3 of 4, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's a simple math trick. The result of the given calculation is a limited set of numbers which are all listed and tagged with the same symbol... and the program always shows the same symbol. Nothing about "mind reading".

Reply 4 of 4, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
eddman wrote on 2024-03-29, 11:26:

It's a simple math trick. The result of the given calculation is a limited set of numbers which are all listed and tagged with the same symbol... and the program always shows the same symbol. Nothing about "mind reading".

Hm yes, I was 10 at that time so I didn't notice it then