VOGONS

Ragnarok Online (Solved)

Topic actions

First post, by Cargie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! First of all thanks for making this program. It's awesome to be able to play this game full screen on a 1440p monitor instead of in a box. Just my luck though with the 100s of items in this game, my character seems to have the only one that glitches out while running dgVoodoo. I've provided some screenshots, the heart balloons above my character are animated and bounce up and down they have a sort of glitched border around them. It doesn't appear when not using dgVoodoo2, and the glitching goes away if I choose 'Force point sampled' under DirectX, but then everything is pixelated, the glitching remains with any of the other texturing options.

(Removed)

I realized it might be a bit hard to see what's going on with pictures so I've made a video too.
(Removed)

Thanks!

Last edited by Cargie on 2019-10-23, 19:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for the feedback!

However, that kind of glitches are unfortunately very common if the resolution or the MSAA is forced.
You may want to try a forced resolution with an integer scale factor (2x, 3x, …, max isf) but there is no guarantee it won't appear with that. 😖

Reply 2 of 2, by Cargie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

YES!

Solution: Edit the games /savedata/optioninfo.lua file and change OptionInfoList["Trilinear"] = 0 to OptionInfoList["Trilinear"] = 1
Change texturing to 'force anisotropic 8x'

Now works perfectly with dgVoodoo.