VOGONS

First post, by wolverinegtr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all! Let me start with im as uneducated as it gets. I'm going to school for software engineering as a career exiting the military and this has been a pet project of mine on the side that's kinda motivated me to do so, so please don't be harsh and understand we gotta break this down like it's a caveman your talking too

First we will focus on Hard Truck 2, as that game has been far more stable to play with much less crashes.

Whenever it rains, I've gotten the game to load with the newest updated DGVooDoo files and 3dfx files and actually be usable in the area it's pre loaded, however I try to drive to a new area it needs to load it crashes. On the warning log, I get this error:

Warning: SetDDrawSurface failed 0
Warning: ERROR: add0vMToGraph
Internal error, please contact (game dev email here) (Not enough blocks in user-defined heap(null)) 0

This is consistent only with rain, the cheap fix is don't let it rain and the game runs perfectly fine (after alot of trial and error 🤣).

Is this something that I can tweak that I don't understand within DGvoodoo? Is it a hardware problem being too powerful? Is it just a thing with the game we haven't discovered yet? Any help is appreciated 😀

Laptop specs are HP Pavilion Gaming laptop 17, Intel I7-9750h, Nvidia GeForce GTX1660 Ti w/max-q, and Intel UHD Graphics630 for the internal screen driver if needed

I may make a second post about Hard Truck 1 as I have a few errors that happen and it may be a speed issue as that's a 95/98 game and semi stable with my current settings

Reply 4 of 7, by wolverinegtr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2024-04-23, 09:47:

Hi! Could you plz attach a log using the _dbg version of dgVoodoo to see if there is an error message somewhere, coming from dgVoodoo side?

I can download the debug version tomorrow and run the same thing 😀 would you like to see the notepad warn.log that gets generated by DgVoodoo also? I have that errortolog set as true in the non debug version

Reply 5 of 7, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, all you should do is run DebugView++ in the background and run the game with the _dbg version of dgVoodoo. And save the log from DebugView++ or copy it to a .txt file.
dgVoodoo cannot log into file, only to the debug output.

Reply 6 of 7, by wolverinegtr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2024-04-24, 14:41:

No, all you should do is run DebugView++ in the background and run the game with the _dbg version of dgVoodoo. And save the log from DebugView++ or copy it to a .txt file.

I'm trying to run the debugger and the game and now the game is running at like 5fps and not causing the crash to happen, let alone be barely playable

Reply 7 of 7, by wolverinegtr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wolverinegtr wrote on 2024-04-24, 16:40:
Dege wrote on 2024-04-24, 14:41:

I'm trying to run the debugger and the game and now the game is running at like 5fps and not causing the crash to happen, let alone be barely playable

Nevermind used the wrong debug! With ++ works better, but still no crash. Is my frame rate too fast and I'm not throttling my PC enough? Debug++ makes it more playable but there's a noticeable frame difference than when it runs without it