VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 620 of 3949, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Alright, I just tried the game in Software mode (novideo1 specifically). None of the issues mentioned above occur in the Software Rendered mode of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0dKnL1-EQ&feature=youtu.be

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 621 of 3949, by kon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SpeedySPCFan wrote:

Alright, I just tried the game in Software mode (novideo1 specifically). None of the issues mentioned above occur in the Software Rendered mode of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0dKnL1-EQ&feature=youtu.be

You can run game like this setting, it will get more smooth graphic now(nvidia card)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxsVRY2bJQw

Reply 622 of 3949, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Meanwhile I got the full version of Lego Island. […]
Show full quote

Meanwhile I got the full version of Lego Island.

I've just fixed it and seems to work OK. However I realized that the problem revealed needs some additional reverse engineering, but I don't want to do that for this (the next) version.

hotspot positions appear to be slightly higher

Same with native DX. (Altough native DX renders 3D elements only partially for me with this game.)

Results using d3drm.dll from DirectX 6 (same result with the one from XP), game crashes using the d3drm.dll the game comes with (directx 5).

Indeed, the one delivered with the game does not work for me either but using the latest version is ok.

The original d3drm.dll (dx5) should fix the hotspot positioning on native Direct3D.

Reply 623 of 3949, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kon wrote:
SpeedySPCFan wrote:

You can run game like this setting, it will get more smooth graphic now(nvidia card)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxsVRY2bJQw

That is nice, but that doesn't solve issues for AMD users (I'm not one but eh). Thanks though.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 625 of 3949, by stereo3D

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Stereo3D, do you get 90fps only with 3Dvision or with plain mono rendering too?

that was without 3d vision. btw i made another comparison:

NFS Porsche: 1920x1440x32, 8xSGSSAA, 16xAF, vsync force off, single gpu

WIP3 ..................vs................... DX7 (80 % gpu usage)
nfspu_dgvoodoowip33oq7j.png nfspu_dx7tvodo.png

Reply 626 of 3949, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote:

uh, what's the problem ATI users are having?

I'm fairly sure ATI users can force all sorts of antialiasing and framerate limits too. Maybe need a third party tool, but nothing else.

Pretty much every AMD user I've read comments from said they got some form of the ""Failed to initialize the Graphic Hardware Device." error when trying to start the game.

Reply 627 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
stereo3D wrote:
that was without 3d vision. btw i made another comparison: […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

Stereo3D, do you get 90fps only with 3Dvision or with plain mono rendering too?

that was without 3d vision. btw i made another comparison:

NFS Porsche: 1920x1440x32, 8xSGSSAA, 16xAF, vsync force off, single gpu

WIP3 ..................vs................... DX7 (80 % gpu usage)
nfspu_dgvoodoowip33oq7j.png nfspu_dx7tvodo.png

I don't know what the problem could be. I've tried Blood2 with stereoscopic rendering with no vsync and it worked right at high fps (nVidia Inspector showed 99% of GPU usage).

The original d3drm.dll (dx5) should fix the hotspot positioning on native Direct3D.

Indeed, it seems it fix that with native DX, altough the rendering is still buggy, I don't get specular highlights on lego dummies, for example.
I tried it with dgVoodoo (after fixing a bug) and it still does not work properly (models don't appear correctly), the hotspot problem is there, so I think it has to do with handling the window of DXGI or sg like that.

Reply 628 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've released 2.43

http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2_43.zip

As for Lego Island, if I launch the game in forced windowed mode and switch to fullscreen by Alt-Enter later then the hotspot problem does not occur and the game works OK with the latest version of d3drm.dll.
The window of this game has no caption, and it seems the hotspot is below the expected position by the size of the caption by default, I don't know why.
But enabling Alt-Enter re-styles the window to have a caption and it seems to work properly in that case.

Reply 630 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What are the specs of those 2 computers?
Unabling to create DDraw object generally means that no DX 10.1 support is available, or sg is wrong with resolution enumerations.
(I had similar problems with IntelHD4000 and their messy drivers.)

Do other games work with dgVoodoo on those computers?

Reply 632 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So you have a computer with a Radeon working fine and two others with Intel Graphics...

I've just tried the game on IntelHD 4000 and didn't work, I got the same error message.
The debug build of dgVoodoo using DX debug layers throw the following error:

D3D11 ERROR: ID3D11Device::CreatePixelShader: Shader uses features (Raw or Structured Buffers) not supported by this device. Use the CheckFeatureSupport() API with D3D11_FEATURE_D3D10_X_HARDWARE_OPTIONS to discover support for these features if using D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_10_*. [ STATE_CREATION ERROR #192: CREATEPIXELSHADER_INVALIDSHADERBYTECODE]

which is nonsense as I used dgVoodoo on IntelHD4000 (long) ago. I even started to develop it on an IntelHD4000.

I had to downgrade my Intel driver to:

Driver Date: 2012.01.10.
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2622

to get Rally Championship to work.

The "funny" thing is that I tried dgVoodoo 2.2 with Glide games that I remeber they worked on IntelHD4000 before but they didn't work with new drivers as well.
I noticed this thing earlier aside from dgVoodoo: new Intel drivers stopped supporting DX10.1.
I don't know if it's because of a bug or because Intel realized their hardware didn't support DX10.1 or whatever.
But as for Intel drivers, the newer the worse. We had a lot of problems with them here inside my workplace, e.g. proven driver bugs like memory overwriting (detected by Application Verifier debugging tool), nwe random crashes (new drivers from Win update), and so on, so we had to substitute those GPUs by cheap AMD/nVidia because there was no other solution.

I don't know when Intel broke their drivers as the one I mentioned above worked but another with date of 2012.12.12 didn't.

Intel graphics is not recommended...
Your only option is downgrading to an old driver on those computers, I guess. 🙁

Reply 633 of 3949, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for tip, must try
I remember on my old computer where i haved Geforce, after install latest drivers for graphic card, Rally Championship start working tragically, screen jumped, lost fps. Back for old drivers solved problem and i see must do the same for intel

Reply 635 of 3949, by Arklay

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi! I tested Dino Crisis with dgvoodoo 2.43, the game starts but fps are stuck at 10 fps
With Gabriel Knight 3 I have this error

My specs
intel i5-4570, nvidia 550 ti, windows 8.1 x64

Attachments

• 2015-04-02_115502.jpg
    Filename
    2015-04-02_115502.jpg
    File size
    136.71 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Error 2.jpg
    Filename
    Error 2.jpg
    File size
    30.89 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • Error 1.jpg
    Filename
    Error 1.jpg
    File size
    55.08 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 637 of 3949, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Frankly (not that my opinion counts), I'd rather Dege fix the non-working games first (I'd even pay cash money) and not worry about any of the fancy stuff, unless he's bored.. fancy stuff=60+ fps, shaders, etc.....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 638 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Frankly (not that my opinion counts), I'd rather Dege fix the non-working games first (I'd even pay cash money) and not worry about any of the fancy stuff, unless he's bored.. fancy stuff=60+ fps, shaders, etc.....

Not for shaders, for D3D8 support 😁

So dgVoodoo can cover all Pre-DX9 era API with a single wrapper.

Reply 639 of 3949, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
I have them, just uploaded them back to the server. http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodooWIP.zip http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodooWIPScaling.zip […]
Show full quote

I'm sure Wipeout XL "worked" at some point, but it crashes in 2.4. What are the chances you still have the WIP builds Dege?

I have them, just uploaded them back to the server.
http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodooWIP.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodooWIPScaling.zip

Wipeout is a DX2/3 games so it won't work with 2.4 but it has a good chance it works with the wip versions because they support DX3 and do not contains the bug causing messed up ingame polygons. (yesterday I fixed that)
Does it crash at some point?

Dege, one game you could look at is Grand Prix 3; on my graphics card in hardware mode it runs really slowly (press O for occupancy) with many polygons missing/flickering on-and-off, the sort of issues shown here: http://www.grandprixgames.org/read.php?1,1069659

With your wrapper so far you can navigate the menus (though they run in a window!) but it crashes when the game loads, regardless of whether you choose software or hardware rendering.

OK, I will check that.
Currently I'm struggling with Colin McRae, the way its menu screens programmed is a disaster IMO, works only corrupted even with native DX.
I never tought someone on the Earth drew to a paletted surface by the 3D pipeline and that hardwares allowing that existed. 😵

I tryed DGVOODOO2 with ColinMcRae.. with dgvoodoo2 the Menu works, but i am only able to play at 320x200 with Low Quality Textures.

Without dgvoodoo i can play at 800x600 with High Quality Textures

Is this Problem known ?