VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1305 of 3949, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There's a problem with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. When I launch it, there is no image (the screen is black), but the game works in the background (the sound of intro plays fine, and when I skip it, I hear the main menu music etc.). Alt-Tab restores the image, but when I try to start the race, the image disappears again (also Alt-Tab helps).

The moments when the screen goes black are when the game changes resolution - from desktop (1366x768) to main menu (which is always rendered at 800x600), and then again from main menu to race loading screen (1366x768, because of a widescreen patch I used on the game).

Reply 1306 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Vegetation in Aquanox is visible now but there is still something wrong with the radarmap.

Aqua_2015_12_15_19_42_16_778x.png
Filename
File size
2.38 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Aqua_2015_12_15_19_43_44_746.png
Filename
File size
1.72 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1308 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
Addendum: […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:

Exagerated bloom, black textures and that strange AA-like/upscaling-like blurring (compare to the "sharp" pictures above)

Addendum:

image.jpg

I think it's Phong shading again... Without that, that game seems to be Ok for me (otherwise I get the same).
It's a bug because Phong should only affect fixed function pipeline, I'll check it.

lowenz wrote:
Maybe this is related to the cubemap problem dege already mentioned: […]
Show full quote

Maybe this is related to the cubemap problem dege already mentioned:

No wrapper (left) vs dgvoodoo (right)

image.jpg

Seems to be. Is it SC1? Could you post a savegame plz?

tgomola wrote:

There's a problem with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. When I launch it, there is no image (the screen is black), but the game works in the background (the sound of intro plays fine, and when I skip it, I hear the main menu music etc.). Alt-Tab restores the image, but when I try to start the race, the image disappears again (also Alt-Tab helps).

The moments when the screen goes black are when the game changes resolution - from desktop (1366x768) to main menu (which is always rendered at 800x600), and then again from main menu to race loading screen (1366x768, because of a widescreen patch I used on the game).

I'm aware of this. Sg wrong with DXGI, as if it wasn't willing to render any picture to the screen because of sg (render window styles?). I can make it work by switching to/from windowed/fullscreen mode.

teleguy wrote:

Vegetation in Aquanox is visible now but there is still something wrong with the radarmap.

What's the difference? 😀
As if native one was waving. 😀

ZellSF wrote:

Grand Theft Auto III: crashes at menu.

I must check that.

Reply 1310 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
teleguy wrote:

What's the difference? 😀
As if native one was waving. 😀

With dgVoodoo there seem to be several map "layers" visible at the lower edge of the map that are not there in native mode.

Reply 1311 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

I think it's Phong shading again... Without that, that game seems to be Ok for me (otherwise I get the same).
It's a bug because Phong should only affect fixed function pipeline, I'll check it.

You got it man! It was an OLD .conf of mine left in the root of the game !
But there's still a problem, the horrible upscaling-like blurring ! And obviously I have no AA activated! See the HUD, it has the expected aliasing but the 3D scene no, it's a blur mess!

SWRepublic_Commando_2015_12_15_20_22_34_747.jpg

Reply 1315 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
You got it man! It was an OLD .conf of mine left in the root of the game ! But there's still a problem, the horrible upscaling-l […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

You got it man! It was an OLD .conf of mine left in the root of the game !
But there's still a problem, the horrible upscaling-like blurring ! And obviously I have no AA activated! See the HUD, it has the expected aliasing but the 3D scene no, it's a blur mess!

SWRepublic_Commando_2015_12_15_20_22_34_747.jpg

Indeed. The game may render the scene into a texture (if I remember right) and as if its size couldn't be at least as large as the screen resolution...
Going to check it.

Reply 1319 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Would it be possible to make the width of the folder list adjustable? Currently really long paths can be a problem.

setup.jpg
Filename
setup.jpg
File size
92.25 KiB
Views
File license

PS: Texture issues in Advent Rising are fixed.