VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1340 of 3949, by Rod Primitive

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

The Suffering doesn't work with dgVoodoo. It simply won't find the wrapper in the option. Perhaps I'm just putting the files in wrong places. But the game works just fine in vanilla. Of course, there's no 16:9 resolutions in there so the screen gets stretched. But it isn't really such big of a deal. (For me.)

Reply 1341 of 3949, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:

You need to scaling mode to aspect ratio in Nvidia settings, perform scaling on GPU and override scaling mode set by games and programs enabled. Also you have to be on the latest drivers.

About that... Can you tell me how I can do this on a laptop with Nvidia Optimus? The scaling options are gone from Nvidia Control Panel, but they are present in Intel drivers. The problem is that even if I set the scaling to "Keep aspect ratio", the 4:3 games are still stretched to 16:9.

Reply 1342 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tgomola wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

The scaling options are gone from Nvidia Control Panel, but they are present in Intel drivers. The problem is that even if I set the scaling to "Keep aspect ratio", the 4:3 games are still stretched to 16:9.

'cause the monitor is *always* handled by integrated GPU. Use the "center" / "no scaling" option (it's present in Intel drivers CP too).

In dgvoodoo set "scaling mode" to centered.

Reply 1343 of 3949, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's what I did, but there's another problem. My desktop resolution is set to 1366x768. When I run a game which cannot handle higher resolutions, like Diablo 2 (maximum res is 800x600), then the game is displayed in its original resolution in the center of the screen, with black bars all around (in other words, I have a small 800x600 game window on top of a black 1366x768 desktop).

Is there any way to stretch the game so that it's still 4:3, but it fills more space on the screen (black bars on right and left side only)?

Reply 1346 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Splinter cell PT. I managed to change the resolution (not sure 4k or 1080p) and saw that the bug related to the disappearing/appearing textures (when you move the camera a certain way) is not happening any more. If i play the gane at 480p the bug is there. I'am certain that this a wrapper issue.

Reply 1353 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Guys,

thanks for the reports. I've fixed some bugs again, but I still couldn't try all the reported games myself, so this WIP isn't going to be perfect.
What I fixed:

- SC1/Morrowind water
- SW Republic Commando blurriness
- Wrong radar map in Aquanox (this bug also affected pre-D3D8 components, dynamic shader compiling)
- A bug in the pixel shader validator (GTA3, the rendering itself seems OK to me but I experience heavy mouse and Alt-Tab problems so far)
- A bug in FF vertex pipeline emulation causing solid-color screen in a scene demo (D3D8)
- Eliminating z-fighting in rendering shadows/coplanar polys in general
(correct Z-bias is hard to be set up as DX<=8 specs don't specify it exactly; I had to find correct coefficients by experimenting to roughly match a real (contemporary) driver so it might still not perfect)
- Enabling Phong-shading now doesn't conflict with shader pipeline
- User application data folder is always the first in the setup app combobox, independently on the alphabet order and cannot be removed (it's not a new behavior, it was intended to work this way)
- The width of the dropdown list of that combobox is increased as needed according to the lengths of the folders

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP13.zip

There are two problems I still couldn't do anything with:

- Black polys in Bloodrayne2

rayne2.jpg

- Ugly z-figthing in Morrowind, as if everything were rendered to the far camera plane

I cannot see any bug when debugging those and strangely they work fine on an IntelHD 2000(!) with an ancient driver but neither on my nVidia's.
What is the thing on an ATI?

I don't want to blame the driver but I disappointed a little with nVidia drivers recently.
For example, Bloodrayne2 with dgVoodoo simply crashed on the GTS450 with the newest driver, and appeared incorrectly (randomly flashing polygons) with an earlier version. So I had to go to a more earlier version, it seems to work OK.
(I always say, old cards are not supported by new drivers, the driver team does concentrate only on new GPU paths when writing drivers.)

Reply 1356 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
teleguy wrote:
I got X-Wing from the current Steam sale and noticed a DDraw bug. If you go to the menu by pressing Esc and then return to the g […]
Show full quote

I got X-Wing from the current Steam sale and noticed a DDraw bug. If you go to the menu by pressing Esc and then return to the game, part of the screen (mostly cockpit and hud) becomes solid black. This happens in D3D and software mode and with both 2.45 and the current WIP. The issue is not present when running the game natively.

025217DD4309075CADBBA862C3C9E4E3917CB5C2

Fixable by enabling fast video memory access

Reply 1358 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pariah problem with Phong Shading ON (black terrain texture):
Pariah_Phong.png

With Phong Shading OFF the terrain is correct but I still have this weapons skin issue (angle-specific):
Pariah_NO_Phong.png

Disabling dgVoodoo there's no "all-white" saturation

Last edited by lowenz on 2015-12-23, 23:24. Edited 1 time in total.