VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1371 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Rod Primitive wrote:

What exactly does Phong do?

https://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/show … d-Phong-Shading

Red lighting issue is not present in retail/Steam (official) SC Versus, only in modded one ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/splinter-cell-source-code ), so not a big problem.
It's a simple hint for Dege, if he got some time to investigate.

Reply 1373 of 3949, by millibyte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First post here, boy what an awesome place!

Want to thank you for the latest version of dgVoodoo, I can finally play Chaser again without the stutter that's been plaguing it in Windows 10 in dx8. I had tried all of Boris's dx8 to dx9 converters as well as Crosire's version but they all crashed the game. Really excited to see that MSAA might be added in the future for dx8 games but for now I'm using a bit of downsampling plus radeonpro to add fxaa (smaa made the static shadows all blocky).

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that those tree/foliage issues with Chrome can be sorted out. I have a thing for B-rated early 2000s eastern european shooters, 🤣. Thanks again!

Reply 1374 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
millibyte wrote:

Really excited to see that MSAA might be added in the future for dx8 games but for now I'm using a bit of downsampling plus radeonpro to add fxaa (smaa made the static shadows all blocky).

You can already enable MSAA in dgVoodooSetup. It's just the game's internal AA implementation (if it has one) that doesn't work yet.

Reply 1375 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
millibyte wrote:

I have a thing for B-rated early 2000s eastern european shooters, 🤣. Thanks again!

So I'm not the only one 🤣!

Green tint bug exiting from Thermal vision in Steam version of Splinter Cell Versus (shipped with SCCT), only present using the wrapper.
SCCT_Versus_2015_12_24_23_26_49_412.jpg
->
SCCT_Versus_2015_12_24_23_26_51_995.jpg

HAPPY CHRISTMAS 😁

Reply 1377 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
teleguy wrote:

Haegemonia Legions of Iron -flicker that might be z-fighting in planet atmospheres when you zoom out

teleguy wrote:

Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi
game works fine but the config utility crashes, fault module is D3D8.dll

These issues are still present in WIP13

Dege, would it be possible to exclude an exe inside the folder from using dgVoodoo's DDraw.dll somehow?
For example a game has a 3DFx.exe and a D3D.exe.
dgVoodoo works fine with the D3D.exe but conflicts with several Glide wrappers you want to use for the 3dfx.exe. So everytime you switch between D3D and 3dfx mode you have to either move the dlls or disable dgVoodoo in dgVoodooSetup.

Reply 1378 of 3949, by millibyte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
teleguy wrote:
millibyte wrote:

Really excited to see that MSAA might be added in the future for dx8 games but for now I'm using a bit of downsampling plus radeonpro to add fxaa (smaa made the static shadows all blocky).

You can already enable MSAA in dgVoodooSetup. It's just the game's internal AA implementation (if it has one) that doesn't work yet.

Ah, so you can, I'm a noob at this dgVoodoo trickery. AA working great now.

Reply 1379 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Happy Christmas!

These issues are still present in WIP13

Crash with Nosferatu configurator is fixed.

Dege, would it be possible to exclude an exe inside the folder from using dgVoodoo's DDraw.dll somehow?

dgVoodoo works fine with the D3D.exe but conflicts with several Glide wrappers you want to use for the 3dfx.exe.

I'd rather introduce dynamic shader compiling into Glide too, to avoid the need of using multiple wrappers for a game.
Better performance and workaround for the ATI HD7xxx and R9 series crash. And, it would be nice to make it a global feature not just for DirectX.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that those tree/foliage issues with Chrome can be sorted out. I have a thing for B-rated early 2000s eastern european shooters, 🤣. Thanks again!

I still haven't tried that game, but hopefully I will fix that somehow. 😀
(Altough I'm not going to be very active this year. 😀 )