VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1383 of 3949, by millibyte

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that those tree/foliage issues with Chrome can be sorted out. I have a thing for B-rated early 2000s eastern european shooters, 🤣. Thanks again!

I still haven't tried that game, but hopefully I will fix that somehow. 😀
(Altough I'm not going to be very active this year. 😀 )

So there's hope yet then. It's strange why only those few select tree and bush textures aren't being rendered.

Reply 1386 of 3949, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've found a little glitch; in Grand Prix Championship 2, with 2.45 the textures seemed to be banded in colour (game uses 16 bit colour), but in latest WIP13 the bands are gone. This is the GOOD bit. The BAD bit is that there are yellow/blue lines on the edge of distant polygons when anti-aliasing is turned on in dgVoodoo, which were not present with the 2.45 version.

So to recap: 2.45 = worse textures, better anti-aliasing
WIP13 (and 11.3) = better textures, worse anti-aliasing

Is there a sweet spot? 😀

UPDATE: tried the game on my old Pentium4 with GeForce 7800GS+ and the graphics were as per 2.45, banded and good anti-aliasing. So I'll stick with that I think!

Last edited by VirtuaIceMan on 2015-12-29, 00:20. Edited 1 time in total.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 1387 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

Commandos 3 still crashes at titlescreen.
Farscape still has rendering errors.

Neither are important games since they work natively, just keeping you updated.

Commandos 3 native? Didn't it have the snipe scoper shader problem?

Oh right, sorry. It doesn't work natively, but it does go ingame natively (meaning it does not have the same issue).

Reply 1394 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Splinter Cell PT. Nothing new.
In 640x480 there are some glitches.Textures flashing. In 1920x1080 this is not happening.
Also the light color in some place is not as the original.Still some kind of rainbow. Also detailed this in my other posts.

For SC PT fans i have sad news. There is a bug in the game(maybe DX related) related to the glow of lights when you move the mouse.(this game has a lot of mouse related bugs ,lol ) This really brings down the atmosphere of the game.
Just pay attention to some lights in the first level and start moving the mouse, really slow, but watch the light. It will show a glow. This is happening for the entire game world.

I1b92YC.jpg
JU3K70z.jpg

Reply 1395 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:
And the old de-zooming color corruption: http://s17.postimg.org/rpracicob/SWRepublic_Commando_2015_12_15_20_42_32_851.jpg […]
Show full quote

And the old de-zooming color corruption:
SWRepublic_Commando_2015_12_15_20_42_32_851.jpg

Maybe it's not a dgVoodoo issue, but (my?) Radeon GPU issue:

Here's Far Cry (2004), D3D9 and similar problem:

image.png

image.png

Or it's really a cubemap problem.

Reply 1398 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I did some developments meantime, I thought I share it:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP14.zip

Keep in mind that not all reported things I could deal with yet.
What I've done and can remember of:

- Added dynamic shader compiling to Glide as well (if D3DCompiler_43.dll is found). I hope this will fix the driver crash on ATI HD7xxx and R9 series, but I'm not sure (not all the shaders ever used are compiled dynamically and I don't know which one causes the crash).
- Fixed the bug causing Project IGI to start
- Fixed fixed function dynamic compiled bump mapping in DX (at least, I hope).
- Fixed the vertex shader fog problem appearing in Chrome and Chrome Specforce
- Missing piece of DX8 code is added (crash in Nosferatu configurator)
- Fixed bug in handling paletted textures in DX8 and another one (Commandos 3 now should work properly)
- Another minor DX8 bug is fixed (Soul Reaver 2 now works perfectly for me)

Pariah: black terrain with forced Phong is not a conflict between fixedfunction/shader paths because the game renders the terrain via full fixed function vertex/pixel pipelines. Phong just doesn't work for some reason in this case, don't use that for this game.
However what I cannot reproduce:
- Bright (white) weapon in Pariah
- Red terrain in Giants
- Miscolored zooming in Republic Commando (pressing Z ingame to zoom/unzoom is enough?)

lowenz wrote:

Thanks, interesting one! dgVoodoo is the same, except that it has to take over all the functionality of all the DX objects without any backing to delegate to. 😀 😁 😁

Reply 1399 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Testing now the new release 😁

Dege wrote:

Pariah: black terrain with forced Phong is not a conflict between fixedfunction/shader paths because the game renders the terrain via full fixed function vertex/pixel pipelines. Phong just doesn't work for some reason in this case, don't use that for this game.

Thanks!

- Bright (white) weapon in Pariah

Isn't it some kind of saturation problem in some shader related to cubemaps/bumpmaps/xxx-maps ?
Maybe an integer/floating point value overflow somewhere?

- Miscolored zooming in Republic Commando (pressing Z ingame to zoom/unzoom is enough?)

It happens only @ un-zooming.