VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1403 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

- Added dynamic shader compiling to Glide as well (if D3DCompiler_43.dll is found). I hope this will fix the driver crash on ATI HD7xxx and R9 series, but I'm not sure (not all the shaders ever used are compiled dynamically and I don't know which one causes the crash).

Unfortunately the issue is still present on my 290X.

Reply 1406 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About Pariah, here's a good point to see the strange white-saturation effect on weapon skin: "Generator Room" level, after che first combat on the ground floor!
In this point there's clearly a *FAKE* light source, but this light source affects Native MS D3D8 and dgVoodoo D3D8 cube(bump?)map implementation in really different way.

*Native MS
Native1.png
Native2.png

*dgVoodoo:
DGV1.png
DGV2.png

Not a big deal, but maybe it shows the implementation deviation.

Reply 1408 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
Partially fixed :D […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

- Fixed the vertex shader fog problem appearing in Chrome and Chrome Specforce

Partially fixed 😁

See the tree bark:
Chrome_Single_2016_01_05_21_53_57_853.jpg

lowenz wrote:

Addendum (to clarify)

lowenz wrote:

- Miscolored zooming in Republic Commando (pressing Z ingame to zoom/unzoom is enough?)

It happens only @ un-zooming.

Un-zooming with the sniper rifle mode of the blaster.

Thanks!! 😎
The good news is those bugs are fixed.
Both were related to shader constants, I found a bug in a basic function and a sort of lack of compliance to the DX8 shader reg interval specifications. This could explain other things like the weapon in Pariah but I didn't checked it yet. Could the game be saved in Pariah somehow? Or it offers only checkpoints through an autosave mechanism?
I also have problems with SP/SP2 savegames. I download one from the net and try to load that into the game with no effect. Nothing happens. 😕

lowenz wrote:
About Republic Commando, bumpmapping is now in a good shape but some little artifacts remain: […]
Show full quote

About Republic Commando, bumpmapping is now in a good shape but some little artifacts remain:

SWRepublic_Commando_2016_01_05_22_41_27_290.jpg

Anyone can test with an old (2005) system and bumpmapping set to High?

Yes, testing it on a contemporary hardware would be cool, what I get natively on my rig look awful.

Reply 1409 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
teleguy wrote:
Dege wrote:

- Added dynamic shader compiling to Glide as well (if D3DCompiler_43.dll is found). I hope this will fix the driver crash on ATI HD7xxx and R9 series, but I'm not sure (not all the shaders ever used are compiled dynamically and I don't know which one causes the crash).

Unfortunately the issue is still present on my 290X.

🙁
Then the only way to go is to get such a card and trace down what exactly its driver doesn't like.

Reply 1413 of 3949, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

- Fixed the bug causing Project IGI to start

Hey now, it's not that bad... 😉

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 1414 of 3949, by Matsilagi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried to use this on Re-Volt so ReShade could work.
ReShade didn't work but i know it ran since d3d11 left a log, it gave some errors drawing the HUD (it used the loading screen textures instead of the HUD ones), but after running the game again it worked for some reason.

Also tried on StarWars Episode 1 Racer, it only worked if i ran with dxwnd, otherwise it still didn't work.

Reply 1415 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:

- Red terrain in Giants

Are you using the GoG release or the old (patched to D3D8) CD version?

Up for this 😁 (So I can test, I have both versions)

GoG

lowenz wrote:

Tested now AquaNox on Win7 64 (STEAM version 1.21). D3D8 engine.
Without any wrapper it crashes @start. With DXWnd it runs.

So maybe Dege can make some magic 😁

Does not Steam version of AquaNox work with dgVoodoo? GoG version works for me.

lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:

I also have problems with SP/SP2 savegames. I download one from the net and try to load that into the game with no effect. Nothing happens. 😕

Cause they are linked to a profiled user?

Khmm... hmm... ok. 😀

Targaff wrote:
Dege wrote:

- Fixed the bug causing Project IGI to start

Hey now, it's not that bad... 😉

OK, I think I wanted to write "preventing from start". 😀

Matsilagi wrote:

Tried to use this on Re-Volt so ReShade could work.
ReShade didn't work but i know it ran since d3d11 left a log, it gave some errors drawing the HUD (it used the loading screen textures instead of the HUD ones), but after running the game again it worked for some reason.

Also tried on StarWars Episode 1 Racer, it only worked if i ran with dxwnd, otherwise it still didn't work.

Last time I tried Episode 1 Racer it worked.