Reply 1920 of 3949, by VEG
I have tested the latest dgVoodoo WIP with the NFS3 Modern Patch.
1. DX8 still doesn't read dgvoodoo.conf from the DLL's directory.
2. DX8 looks like on this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxsYG4LzThr4 … iew?usp=sharing
3. DX6 goes into a deadlock when I'm using native windowed mode (just after pressing the “Race” button).
How to reproduce:
1. Download http://veg.by/files/nfs3/nfs3_modern_patch_beta.7z and install it
2. Open nfs3.ini and set ThrashDriver=dgdx6, WindowedMode=1
3. Run the game, start gameplay
Also DX6 have problems with minimizing in the fullscreen mode. To test it change set ThrashDriver=dgdx6, WindowedMode=0.
This WindowedMode setting is still not finished and it still doesn't remove border of the main window when gameplay resolution is equal to the system resolution. Currently I'm using this mode for debugging when DX renderer is used, but I'm planning to improve this feature in the future. Also it works only for the DX renderers.
Best regards, Evgeny