VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2320 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nucleoprotein wrote:
Dege wrote:
Nucleoprotein wrote:
I think there can be two things: 1. Load of dgVoodoo ddraw.dll fails from some reasons. 2. You have changed system DLL load orde […]
Show full quote

I think there can be two things:
1. Load of dgVoodoo ddraw.dll fails from some reasons.
2. You have changed system DLL load order (like KnownDLLs). Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\KnownDLLs" in registry and check if ddraw.dll is on list, if is - delete it. (KnownDLLs are not searched ie. system always will use a system one, not bundled with app).

PS: My (default) KnownDLLs list from Windows 10 x64: http://pastebin.com/z6KGPexP

EDIT: If this is first problem you can ask Dege for non-MPRESSed dlls and check if they work.

I think the same, there is no other explanation.
If you have Visual Studio, maybe, then you could attach to the process, break it and see the 'Modules' debug window to see the full path of the ddraw.dll that is loaded into the process. It must be the one from the System folders.

Not really require Visual Studio for this, Process Hacker is good alternative (http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/).

Yes, it's true. 😀

Reply 2321 of 3949, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mud wrote:
Mobile 1 Rally Championship 2000 […]
Show full quote

Mobile 1 Rally Championship 2000

Dege can you try optimalize INTEL GRAPHIC's CARD to run with dgvoodoo?
Without your program game work but slowly (low fps)
but when i plug in dgvoodoo its make [[ERROR]Cannot create directdraw object - check directx installation] 🤣

What type of Intel Chip exactly? I think Intel HD 2000 and above should support feature level 10.0.
What Output API's do you have in dgVoodooSetup?

Its Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo B590)
227lenovo_tn.jpg

Output API's
- Dirext3D 11 MS WARP (software)
- Dirext3D 11 (freature level 10.0)
- Dirext3D 11 (freature level 10.1)

When is choose "(freature lever 10.0)" or "10.1" in "Adapters to use/enable" is avalible "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
but when i switch to "Dirext3D 11 MS WARP (software)" its changed to "Microsoft Basic Render Driver"

Game works only with Dirext3D 11 MS WARP (software)
When change to freature leve have this error:

PLtP7.jpg

Reply 2322 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Dege @nightson
I have written LoadLibrary test app: http://www80.zippyshare.com/v/BJQdBaVN/file.html and for some reason unknown for me LoadLibrary is indeed failing over DDraw.dll and D3D8.dll 😕

EDIT: Code (only main file): http://pastebin.com/g010vmiw
EDIT: Upps, fixed msgbox with usage.

Reply 2323 of 3949, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Regarding the missing sound for g-police, it seems to be due to running in compatibility mode for win9x on windows 10. But the exe only runs without any dgvoodoo .dlls in that compatibility mode. Hence no sound. When its running without it there is sound.

Now I am trying to get my Dual Shock 4 to work as a analog joystick by the game, but its not recognizing it. I have work-around with joy2key.

Reply 2324 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mdzapeer wrote:

Regarding the missing sound for g-police, it seems to be due to running in compatibility mode for win9x on windows 10. But the exe only runs without any dgvoodoo .dlls in that compatibility mode. Hence no sound. When its running without it there is sound.

Now I am trying to get my Dual Shock 4 to work as a analog joystick by the game, but its not recognizing it. I have work-around with joy2key.

Strangely because I do not need any compat mode to run G-Police in Windows 10 x64.
Download ADK - https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows … -deployment-kit it includes Application Compatibility Toolkit for Windows 10, so you can use Compatibility Administrator to create database with only required compatibility fixes.

EDIT: Hym, so run it with dgvoodoo only 😜

Reply 2325 of 3949, by mdzapeer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:
mdzapeer wrote:

EDIT: Hym, so run it with dgvoodoo only 😜

Would not want to run it without anyway 😀

Well thanks to this issue I joined this forum so some good came out of it.

Great application, would there be a way to crop and stretch? For example NFS high stakes supports widescreen mode but adds black bars on the top and bottom.

Reply 2326 of 3949, by nightson

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:
I think there can be two things: 1. Load of dgVoodoo ddraw.dll fails from some reasons. 2. You have changed system DLL load orde […]
Show full quote
nightson wrote:
Dege wrote:

Could you try it again with the demo? It should immediately crash. If it doesn't then dgVoodoo's ddraw.dll is not accessed at all.

It didn't immediately crash. Any idea why dgVoodoo's dlls weren't accessed? I had uninstalled my anti-virus program and closed all other programs but still got the same result 🙁

I think there can be two things:
1. Load of dgVoodoo ddraw.dll fails from some reasons.
2. You have changed system DLL load order (like KnownDLLs). Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\KnownDLLs" in registry and check if ddraw.dll is on list, if is - delete it. (KnownDLLs are not searched ie. system always will use a system one, not bundled with app).

PS: My (default) KnownDLLs list from Windows 10 x64: http://pastebin.com/z6KGPexP

EDIT: If this is first problem you can ask Dege for non-MPRESSed dlls and check if they work.

Thank you so much! My problem is with the second case. Now dgVoodoo works like a charm! I don't recall adding ddraw.dll to the KnownDLLs list but I do have tested a LOT of programs on this PC 😁

Reply 2328 of 3949, by elnino

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

Regarding dsound emu , maybe it is a longshot but you can try dsound > openAl transform.
It is/was a part of Creative support for EAX on newer systems win7... which wasapi does not not support through dsound . Full name soft goes by Creative ALchemy.

Now I do have old creative card (audigy4) but this should work on any audio device which support OpenAl. (mainly they all do)

Process is simple , install openal32/64 driver and just copy Cre.Alchemy dsound.dll with its configuration .ini , need little tweak , num. of voices (best <=32) and latency (want no clicks), but that is all.

If you need all files needed , pm me. Whole setup is small <1M.

Regards

mdzapeer wrote:
Ye, I checked that too, did a double check just now its not on mute. […]
Show full quote

Ye, I checked that too, did a double check just now its not on mute.

DirectSound Control did not work, tried all its options 🙁

onto indirect sound.........which also did not work.

Hmm...strange indirect sound should generate a log file...its not doing that.

Beneath a Steel Sky:
Lamb: What's that ROBOT doing here?
Foster: He's my PERSONAL ASSISTANT. Say Hello Joey
Joey: Hello, Joey.
Lamb: HUH! Pity it's got no BRAIN.

Reply 2329 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
elnino wrote:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

Regarding dsound emu , maybe it is a longshot but you can try dsound > openAl transform.
It is/was a part of Creative support for EAX on newer systems win7... which wasapi does not not support through dsound . Full name soft goes by Creative ALchemy.

Now I do have old creative card (audigy4) but this should work on any audio device which support OpenAl. (mainly they all do)

Process is simple , install openal32/64 driver and just copy Cre.Alchemy dsound.dll with its configuration .ini , need little tweak , num. of voices (best <=32) and latency (want no clicks), but that is all.

If you need all files needed , pm me. Whole setup is small <1M.

Regards

First off - Alchemy can use HW on old Creative card trough OpenAL but also have software emulation which is require for newer Creative cards because they lack of HW acc (yep, new Creative cards are like C-Media cards).
Secondary - Creative driver and app like Alchemy use their own custom DRM - yep Digital Rights Management, it will only work when detects Creative card of specific license file present on system. Creative license system is so poor that decryption and hacking it is so easy - their DES passwords are in plain text in DLL files ... but it not quite legal to hacking it - but Alchemy works on ANY card if DRM is bypassed. Older version of Alchemy (dsound.dll) was packed by Safedisc like packer (Safenet or something like this), latest one is not packed at all.

Reply 2330 of 3949, by elnino

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:

First off - Alchemy can use HW on old Creative card trough OpenAL but also have software emulation which is require for newer Creative cards because they lack of HW acc (yep, new Creative cards are like C-Media cards).
Secondary - Creative driver and app like Alchemy use their own custom DRM - yep Digital Rights Management, it will only work when detects Creative card of specific license file present on system. Creative license system is so poor that decryption and hacking it is so easy - their DES passwords are in plain text in DLL files ... but it not quite legal to hacking it - but Alchemy works on ANY card if DRM is bypassed. Older version of Alchemy (dsound.dll) was packed by Safedisc like packer (Safenet or something like this), latest one is not packed at all.

OK, if you say so ...

Emulating EAX on any onboard sound hardware?

Beneath a Steel Sky:
Lamb: What's that ROBOT doing here?
Foster: He's my PERSONAL ASSISTANT. Say Hello Joey
Joey: Hello, Joey.
Lamb: HUH! Pity it's got no BRAIN.

Reply 2331 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
elnino wrote:
Nucleoprotein wrote:

OK, if you say so ...

Emulating EAX on any onboard sound hardware?

It's Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 😀 Realtek drivers can be forced to detected as compatible because SupremeFX (or other OEM names) are indeed a Realtek hardware (ie. you can force inf which include mbfilt32.sys/mbfilt64.sys) - this is also illegal 😀

I have old ASUS motherboard with ASUS OEM AD2000B and I can use Alchemy 😀 You only need a license generator or cracked DLL file 😀

PS: Alchemy have some hidden logging options that can be set in ini file:

Buffers=4
Duration=25
MaxVoiceCount=128
DisableDirectMusic=0
DisableNativeAL=0
LogDirectSound=true
LogDirectSound2D=true
LogDirectSound2DStreaming=true
LogDirectSound3D=true
LogDirectSoundListener=true
LogDirectSoundEAX=true
LogDirectSoundTimingInfo=true
LogStarvation=true

PS2: Alchemy dsound.dll 2.4.2.10: 0x64920 -> 0x40 0xC3 😀 I's a magic 😀 (you can find that version in here, you need to manually unpack installer, dsound.dll is in Bin.cab in alchemy installer: http://support.creative.com/downloads/downloa … ownloadId=13638)

Reply 2333 of 3949, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is it possible to include the option to generate an overlay or log file indicating the DirectX/DirectDraw versions called by games wrapped by dgVoodoo 2? In my work for PCGamingWiki, I've found it extremely-difficult, if not impossible, to precisely pin down what version of DirectX is being used for more obscure titles such as Meteor 2 and Diver Down.

Reply 2336 of 3949, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote:

Some slowness in the menus aside (that also happens natively), Blair Witch Project Volume 1 (Nocturne engine) seems to run well with resolution forcing and antialiasing.

Nice to known, that was very nice game! I think best in series.

Reply 2337 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Reap also works nicely, except a graphic bug I'm uncertain about (but it does happen natively too so I don't know). This crashes a lot natively, but runs nicely with dgVoodoo2 (or DXGL). It's also a 320x200 game so natively AR is distorted, but not with dgVoodoo2's force 4:3 AR option.

Reply 2339 of 3949, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just gave Small Rocket's Kayak Extreme a go (Win10 64bit). Without dgvoodoo you have to disable "water foam" in game, or it crashes (and use Win98 compatibility mode). With dgvoodoo it works, but the entire water layer is missing; invisible, removing the rendering of parts of the kayak too!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor