VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2361 of 3949, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
willow wrote:

Motocross madness 2 doesn't work with dgvoodoo 2.52.
If I don't use dgvoodoo2 I can select between software mode and directx mode (gtx780) but in directxmode with my graphic cards The only resolution is 640x480. If I use dgvoodoo 2.52, I have dgvoodoo watermark but the only option is software mode but I can select 1080p resolution.

I've been wanting to examine that game for a long while but I always failed at installing it. As soon as I can solve that somehow, I'll fix it.

What kinds of problems have you been having?

Reply 2362 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Dege, any news about the new input code?

I found some issue using dgVoodoo2 with ReShade 3.0 (beta), cause ReShade 3.0 can now block the input to use the in-app configuration menu.

What issues comes with it?

ReShade 3.0 can lock the input to its overlay window, it is a feature to config its options directly in-game.

Input working in ReShade Menu Overlay but NOT blocked in the game (Blood 2 and some other games)
Input only working in game and NOT in ReShade Menu (Mech3 -> DirectPlay issue? Mech3 uses directplay)

Reply 2363 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Expack3 wrote:
Dege wrote:
willow wrote:

Motocross madness 2 doesn't work with dgvoodoo 2.52.
If I don't use dgvoodoo2 I can select between software mode and directx mode (gtx780) but in directxmode with my graphic cards The only resolution is 640x480. If I use dgvoodoo 2.52, I have dgvoodoo watermark but the only option is software mode but I can select 1080p resolution.

I've been wanting to examine that game for a long while but I always failed at installing it. As soon as I can solve that somehow, I'll fix it.

What kinds of problems have you been having?

No matter what I do, MCM2's setup always fails with this right at startup:

mcm2setup.png

lowenz wrote:
ReShade 3.0 can lock the input to its overlay window, it is a feature to config its options directly in-game. […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Dege, any news about the new input code?

I found some issue using dgVoodoo2 with ReShade 3.0 (beta), cause ReShade 3.0 can now block the input to use the in-app configuration menu.

What issues comes with it?

ReShade 3.0 can lock the input to its overlay window, it is a feature to config its options directly in-game.

Input working in ReShade Menu Overlay but NOT blocked in the game (Blood 2 and some other games)
Input only working in game and NOT in ReShade Menu (Mech3 -> DirectPlay issue? Mech3 uses directplay)

I think I should test it myself. 😐

----

I've just added 'force depth projection' property for the Geforce4 virtual card so Splinter Cell1 with shadow buffers can now be played through that.
Also, Projected/Shadow autodetection works nicely for ATI/Geforce presets.

However, there is still another bug, the intro part of the 'Training' level has very dark shadows in the room during the conversation (black texture or sg).
Lowenz, could you post a screenshot from there by your FX5200 if you still has that? (If you don't, then it's not too important, I'll debug it.)

Reply 2364 of 3949, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
No matter what I do, MCM2's setup always fails with this right at startup: […]
Show full quote

No matter what I do, MCM2's setup always fails with this right at startup:

mcm2setup.png

Based on my own experience dealing with Microsoft's "Madness" series of games, I'd recommend simply copying all the needed files from a successful installation to the folder of your choice. I've found the following ways to work well:

• Build a Ubuntu VM with Wine, preferably the development version of Wine, or a Windows VM (the closer to the minimum OS, the better) and install the game there.
  • "Install" the game by extracting the game files from the installer (i.e. 7Zip, Universal Extractor, etc.)

Hope this helps!

Reply 2365 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

However, there is still another bug, the intro part of the 'Training' level has very dark shadows in the room during the conversation (black texture or sg).
Lowenz, could you post a screenshot from there by your FX5200 if you still has that? (If you don't, then it's not too important, I'll debug it.)

Let me get some time and I'll upload a whole video of training level!

Is it possible to add to dgvoodoo2 the possibility to trigger the hooking of reshade through plain "reshade32.dll (there's no 64 bit DX1-8 game, 32 bit is good enough.....for now 😁 ).....so we can avoid any possible overlap with dx DLLs (d3d8.dll for now) ?

Reply 2367 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys,
I have a PC with a GeForce 4 Ti (4600 ) up and working. I can help you with some screenshots if you need them. Just tell me the exact location and i'll do my best to post them.

Great work Dege.

Edit
You can watch here https://youtu.be/nB9BTbtNyDw?t=17m42s some quick comparisons between projectors and shadow buffers, including your area of concern. Geforce 4 Ti is the best card to play the game and to test.
Interesting stuff starts at 17:42.

This shows why Geforce 4 is the best. https://youtu.be/nB9BTbtNyDw?t=9mThe FX series(except 5500 one) have some issues in some areas of the game.

Reply 2368 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thank you Guys,

I had to debug to the deep of the hell and also had to discover a new GF4-speciality but now the game seem to work beautifully with the Geforce4 preset.
Except that there are now shadows if MSAA is switched off. 😁 😁 But it's a wrapper bug, I'll fix it.

Splinter_Cell_2016_08_01_22_23_20_06.png

Splinter_Cell_2016_08_01_22_23_34_88.png

Splinter_Cell_2016_08_01_22_24_06_08.png

Reply 2370 of 3949, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Thank you Guys, […]
Show full quote

Thank you Guys,

I had to debug to the deep of the hell and also had to discover a new GF4-speciality but now the game seem to work beautifully with the Geforce4 preset.
Except that there are now shadows if MSAA is switched off. 😁 😁 But it's a wrapper bug, I'll fix it.

Splinter_Cell_2016_08_01_22_23_20_06.png

Splinter_Cell_2016_08_01_22_23_34_88.png

Splinter_Cell_2016_08_01_22_24_06_08.png

🤣 🤣 gotta love those programming hacks!

Also, why in the name of the cloud-based present are those images so small?! I can barely see anything....

Reply 2372 of 3949, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Nucleoprotein wrote:

Click them (images).

That's what I did. They're still tiny beyond belief.

EDIT: That's really weird. My preference to disable showing images within posts doesn't correctly send me to the full images for dege's stuff. If I enable it, it does.

Reply 2373 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@ Dege

So when can we expect a new beta version to test?
I really wnat to see this for myself. SC fixed after a decade. WOW. Someone will be famous real soon. 😀

I'm curios if the problem with the color of the light appears also in this version of SC. There are a few areas i've seen , playing with newer cards that partially suport the game, that have this.

Reply 2375 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
daniel_u wrote:
@ Dege […]
Show full quote

@ Dege

So when can we expect a new beta version to test?
I really wnat to see this for myself. SC fixed after a decade. WOW. Someone will be famous real soon. 😀

I'm curios if the problem with the color of the light appears also in this version of SC. There are a few areas i've seen , playing with newer cards that partially suport the game, that have this.

I'd like to fix the non-MSAA bug and after that I could release a new WIP.
Also, careful testing would be good because I did only quick tests, the intro of the training level, the training level itself and a few places of the Tbilisi level.

Reply 2377 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:

Any news about the strange problem about the anisotropic filtering applied in some games and in others not?

No, unfortunately not. 🙁

I fixed the bug I mentioned so I could build a WIP, but I still haven't worked on certain things I wanted to (mouse input, setup program bugs, ...), so don't expect much.

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP25.zip

- Glide mode 'Compare to bias' is fixed (Esoteria demo)
- A DX8 bug is fixed, so Mafia now works, altough I experience z-buffer glitches here and there (to be fixed)
- A shadow buffer bug for non-MSAA cases with resolution overriding is fixed
- GeForce4-style shadow buffering is reverse engineered and implemented in the 'Geforce Ti4800' preset
- Other floating point arithmetic differences (incompatibilities) between vs1.x and vs4.x are resolved,
Splinter Cell 1 (hopefully) works now in shadow buffer mode
- What other? I don't really know, I was on holiday, it partially cleared my mind

Reply 2378 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Splinter Cell.
If i want to start a new game or a new level my game is crashing.
If i load a saved game then it works. The shadows seems to be ok. But i cant play from he start.

if i remove d3d8.dll i can load anylevel/start a new game.

I think it's the movies +dgvoodoo that are the problem.

Edit:

I got it working with this settings:
In game resolution :1920x1080 All max
In dgvodoo config i set
App controlled fulscreen
Resolution 3840x 2160 60 fps(nvidia downsampling)

Alt+ Enter every time game loseses focus.
And that's it. It's a nice day today for SC fans.

Last edited by daniel_u on 2016-08-02, 19:32. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2379 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got some problems me too.

With GeForce Ti 4800 + 128 MB preset (on a Radeon 7850 + lastest Crimson Drivers Package)

*SC1 starts but fails to load a level AND a savegame: Crash+"General protection fault! History: " UE message - It runs fine with Projector Mode.
*SC2 doesn't even start: "General protection fault! History: CreateEchelonTextures <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine" UE message
*SC3 Versus runs but with some lighting problems (height/azimut camera angle dependent)

SCCT_Versus_2016_08_02_19_46_11_033.png

SCCT_Versus_2016_08_02_19_46_14_474.png