Sure... you're right Zup (I warned you all! My english sucks...) 😁
I meant the text (e.g. "Play, "Controls", etc.) in the main menu.
Perhaps before posting here it would have been better for me to give a closer look at the faq page, at the tombraiderchronicles site. I did some more tests today and the situation suddenly has changed. Nevertheless many doubts remain.
I finally got dgv 1.31 working. The texts are now readable and the alpha level seems right (yet, I'm not able to take screenshots), but I had to change so many settings. Now I'm not sure if it was thanks to:
1) disabling the default/basic Vesa support (it probably has to do with win 9x, not XP) - either from dgvsetup, and from the advanced link properties (the VDM Sound stuff, i'm not sure...)
2) choosing DOS Platform and/or disabling VDD mode
3) selecting a different DSP version for my Soundblaster card.
Troubleshooting is really difficult because dgvsetup (at least v1.3) does not remember my last settings. It seem to reset to default every time it's invoked.
As for the glide2.dll I found in the evoodoo package, I could swear that it works fine with the glide.owl - or maybe the .dll I added screwed up totally dgv, so I was running the game without any other support than VDM Sound... and the new glide2.dll
I really don't know! 😕
I forgot to thank you, Dege, for your efforts!
EDIT: In the readme file I found something interesting about exporting dgv configuration using the command line options. I hope that soon my reports are going to be more accurate. I will test 1.40+ and 1.50 as well.