VOGONS

First post, by monster1612

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi VOGONS! I'm trying to run SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom with dgVoodoo 2.6 on Windows 10 x64 (Insider, build 18932). The d3dimm & ddraw DLLs are the only ones copied to the game's install folder (as I believe it uses DX7). The game mostly works, except if I have the transmitter to any wireless headset plugged in (for reference, I tried the HyperX Cloud Stinger Wireless & the PDP Afterglow AG9+), the game refuses to start and will immediately crash (or stop responding before any splash screens show up). The game starts and runs perfectly fine if I don't have the transmitter plugged in at launch time (and even outputs to the transmitter afterwards when it's plugged in). The really odd thing is that if I enable DirectX passthrough, once in a blue moon, it'll launch (albeit at 640x480 & a bad framerate cap, apparently) with the transmitter in. any suggestions? 😀

(logs attached are from the 2.6 debug version)

Attachments

• Filename
    20190708 transmitter out.LOG
    File size
    21.99 KiB
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File comment
    no transmitter, no problem.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    20190708 transmitter in.LOG
    File size
    16.62 KiB
    Downloads
    43 downloads
    File comment
    when the Cloud Stinger Wireless transmitter is plugged in. (the device events at the top are the transmitter being plugged in)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception