VOGONS

First post, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have such a problem. On Saturday, I was able to run a game through dgvoodoo 2 (Wacki: Kosmiczna Rozgrywka). It worked OK although I haven't tested it entirely. Unfortunately, another game from dgvoodoo 2 did not work well (Sacked: Your last day) so I decided to play with dgvoodoo panel. After changing one option (Disable and passthru to real DirectX), however, dgvoodoo stopped working and despite the DLLs pasted from it-
ek to the folder with the game installed (any) this game does not respond to the presence of files from dgvoodoo as if they were not there. Any ideas what can I do? I have a GPU with DirectX 10.1, but considering that earlier dgvoodoo worked it is not a problem. Changing the troublesome option was to mark it, and when dgvoodoo stopped working, of course I unchecked it
My configuration:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
8 GB RAM
Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Windows 8.1

Reply 1 of 2, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I solved the problem. It turned out that suddenly it was necessary to paste the dgvoodoocpl.exe file (dgvoodoo panel) in addition to the DLLs from dgvoodoo, that panel had to be run as administrator and click ". \" To select the game directory where we have pasted files dgvoodoo. I tested and it looks like this:
Sacked - your last day - the game starts by default in a window where the windows cursor locks up, and when switched to full screen it is cut off (at the top is a black bar, and the game window is moved too much). I made a screenshot with the PrtScr button and in Paint I opened the screenshot and it turned out that the black frame at the top is a unrefreshed window border. A similar problem with this game is also in dxwnd (there is a problem with the cursor when enabling certain options) https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/ge … ead/a240db6be8/
Wacki: Kosmiczna Rozgrywka - the game works OK except that cutscenes do not show up (instead of them there is a white screen)

Reply 2 of 2, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I've already figured out Sacked. I had to set the resolution in the dgvoodoo panel as it was on the desktop (in my case 1680x1050). And the game displays normally (the only drawback I can not figure out is in my opinion too strong blur in this game)