VOGONS

First post, by Crow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I've noticed that dgVoodoo defaults to 60Hz refresh rate by default and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it (I can't find it in the options). This is a problem since I have a 144Hz monitor and I would like to run games at that refresh rate. Right now I have enable "Enumerate refresh rates" option and specifically force resolution/refresh, which isn't very practical. Would it be possible to either add an option to just choose refresh rate globally or make it so that the default one dgVoodoo chooses is the one used by the desktop? I'm using 2.62.1.

Also it's not a problem of the games choosing to run at 60Hz, I tried it with multiple games and they run at 144Hz if dgVoodoo is not used.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Reply 1 of 1, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When setting the display mode, the applications either specifies the refresh rate or just let the DX runtime to set the default.
60Hz was chosen to be the default because that was the most common in the CRT era. I'm not sure if it's safe to change this behavior to, say, getting the default refresh rate from the desktop mode.

Anyway, you can force a refresh rate without forcing the resolution itself.
Set DirectX\Resolution to 'unforced, refrate:144' in the config file or type 'unforced, 144' into the resolution combo box on the DirectX page in the CPL.

EnumerateRefreshRates must be enabled.