VOGONS

First post, by PennyDeath

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've poked around this forum for a bit, but haven't been able to find an answer for my specific issue.

I have added the dgVoodoo launcher to my game directory, and I am unchecking the watermark boxes with the correct directory listed. However, when I click the 'Apply' button nothing happens. I cannot save the settings, so the watermark stays on my game.

If it helps, I'm trying to remove the watermark from Sim Coaster, and I'm running the game in Windows 98 compatibility mode on Win 7.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply 1 of 4, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It sounds as if the CPL app couldn't write the config file (I guess the 'Apply' button doesn't even get disabled after you press it).
Aren't you running it from a folder under C:\Program Files\…?
I remember reading reports somewhere complaining the about the same problem, and it turned out that the CPL had to be run in Administrator mode otherwise it didn't have the right to write files.

Anyway, could you attach a debug log coming from the CPL, plz?

Reply 2 of 4, by PennyDeath

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's right, the Apply button doesn't get disabled after I press it.

I am running the game from C:\Program Files(x86)\Bullfrog\SimCoaster

I'm not sure what you mean by CPL. Where would I find this debug log, or is it something that's auto generated? (Also, when you say the CPL needs to run in Admin mode, are you talking about right clicking on the dgVoodoo launcher and running that in admin mode?)

Reply 4 of 4, by yochenhsieh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Better install old games to other locations, e.g. D:\games. Windows vista and later introduced strict permission for Program files folder and sub-folders.