VOGONS

First post, by nobody99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Windows defender flagging and auto-removing dgvoodoocpl.exe. Says its a trojan:Win32/Occamy.C.
Downloaded it from :http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html
false positive? or actual trojan?

I've ran malwarebytes, windows defender and hitman pro to detect traces of it but seems to be permanently removed for now.

Reply 1 of 2, by jamyskis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Very much a false positive - in fact, I believe every version of dgVoodooCPL since at least 2.55 has been flagged up falsely as malware.

This is why Dege password-protects his archives, in order to prevent Google from wreaking havoc with false-positive detections.

Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.2GHz per core
16GB RAM DDR4
AMD RX 580
6TB hard drive over three hard drives
Windows 10 Pro

Reply 2 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

False positive as always. It's sad that Defender is increasingly becoming the same khmm… 'cheap' AV like the others out there, that's why I submit each release to MS to review the case and remove the detection. I did that for 2.63.2 but the submission is still in pending state. The answer used to come in a few hours in normal circumstances. But now… Maybe because of the pandemic.

Anyway, you can remove the detection locally by restoring (enabling) the quaranteened or blocked elem.
Or just use the CPL 2.63.1, there is no difference between the 2 other than their version numbers.