VOGONS

First post, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a problem with Batman: Toxic chill. When I run the game natively:
- Without compatibility mode (or with compatibility mode with XP SP2, XP SP3, Vista, 7 and 8 ) a black screen with a smudging cursor starts
- The game starts with Win 98 compatibility mode, but after collecting about 6 clues, an attempt to get to the BatComputer to decrypt them ends in a game crash
- With Win 95 compatibility mode, the game starts without sound and of course an attempt to get to the BatComputer when you have about 6 tips also results in a game crash
I tried to run the game with wrappers (first dgvoodoo 2, then dxwnd) and it looks like this:
- With dgvoodoo 2 the game starts correctly (and without any compatibility modes), but hangs after entering the BatComputer as you have about 6 tips
- With dxwnd the game at startup shows a black screen with a smudging cursor even as it starts in this dxwnd Win 98 compatibility mode
How to run this game correctly under Windows 10? I will add that a similar game (Batman: Justice unbalanced) works correctly

Last edited by MrPepka on 2020-06-03, 17:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 1, by MrPepka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Earlier the game started with dgvoodoo 2, now the attempt to run it with this wrapper ends up running it without compatibility modes, i.e. a black screen and a cursor with streaks behind it. Interestingly, the game must be started in 16-bit mode, otherwise the cursor displays in the wrong colors