VOGONS


First post, by LoneKiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello
I am facing a very strange situation with game Mortyr 2. The game is not working correctly to me on Windows 10 so I applied DGVoodoo Direct3D.
When using DGVoodoo the game starts perfectly, animations in main menu are OK but when starting a new game, everything is at incredible high speed. The intro movie lasts seconds and when the game starts, it is so fast that pressing ATTACK with the knife it seems the knife is not moving at all due to super high speed.
I had similar issues with the first Mortyr game and I solved, so as I did before I used Rivatuner to set max FPS to 30 for the game exe(s). To my surprise, even with Rivatuner applied, the speed is unchanged even if FPS are locked. Reducing the FPS limit changes nothing.
I found a workaround to play the game in a virtual machine, but of course using DGVoodoo would be much better.
Any idea?
Many thanks for kind suggestions.

Lone Killer

Reply 1 of 4, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member

d3d8.dll is in Mortyr 2 folder? (without that file you can't reduce fps and also you can't use v-sync without that file)

Also .exe and .conf file in that folder

dgVoodoo 2.74 included a fps limiter

Reply 2 of 4, by LoneKiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi FulValBot

the file was not by default in the game folder, I added but the result is the same.

To be sure I included in Rivatuner all .exe files in the main folder and subfolder (I had to do so for example with Shogo) but no effect.

I was using DGVoodoo 2.73 (I did not notice the new release) but when yesterday I saw the new version I tried it too using the FPS limiter and nothing changed compared to what I obtained with RivaTuner. The strange thing is that, when I add the FPS counter on display, the value there is actually very low (about 20) while the game is incredibly fast.

I have to admit I have never seen anything like that.

Reply 4 of 4, by LoneKiller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Sorry for not understanding, but of course, when I applied DGVoodoo copying the files in the game folder I moved also the DLLs. I always copy DGVoodoo exe + .conf + DLLs I need (in this case Directx x86 since this game is not DX9) to the game folder (where the game exe is located) and use it from there. I also tried to move Dx9 Dgvoodoo DLL into game dir to see if this was the problem but all is the same.