VOGONS

First post, by pds41

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi - I'm new to the board, so please bear with me if I'm not approaching this in the right way!

I've been using dgvoodoo2 for some time, largely successfully. However, I've come across something a little bit weird, and I'm not sure exactly how to pin down exactly what the issue is. It's also with a game that wasn't exactly well received and isn't really played that much these days (largely due to crazy system requirements at the time of release vs graphics and it not being that great a game in any case!).

Game: Spirit of Speed 1937
Issue: In dgvoodoo2 2.74.1, a lot of the graphics are showing "black" - you can just about see the track, but cars, trackside objects etc are all black blobs. Reverting to dgvoodoo2 2.55 fixed this issue - so graphics all displayed as expected
System: Windows 10 Professional x64. Ryzen 3700x, 16GB RAM. RTX 2070-s.

The bit that confuses me is that the older version works okay. I've tried passing the newer version through an older DirectX feature set, but that didn't make a difference (everything still black).

Any advice on how to narrow down what might be causing this in the newer version (I'm assuming it's a setup issue, but did note that the newer version includes an additional DirectX dll)?