First post, by Hegel's Nipple

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, i need some help with the old game. My pc Lenovo ideapad 330 on win10
Game system requirements
CPU: Pentium III 1.4 GHz
RAM: 256 MB RAM
GPU: DirectX compatible 3D accelerator card (64MB+ RAM)
OS: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vistahttps://gamesystemrequirements.com/
Store: 600 MB of available of Hard Disk Space
ODD: 4x CD-ROM ODD: 4x CD-ROM

Game Crashing at the Anger of the Earth den in Desert city.When i reach the Anger of the Earth den in Desert city. I see a (!) trigger in the floor, when i walk on it, things can start fall from undergrond, thats not the issue, but if i wait a little while like few seconds, the game freezes and crush and no way to bypass that level. I need help with that.

I found the answer on youtube in comments. Quote: found a fix, ill built a nice retro pc with AMD Sempron LE-1250 and its worked. The game works only on 65nm or bigger chips. I downloaded dgvoodo2 to fix this, extract DgVoodooCpl.exe , DgVoodoo.conf and D3D9.dll from MS x64 Folder. Then open DgVoodo2Cpl.exe and step by step chosed a different chips Intel(R) UND Graphics 620, Nvidia Geforce MX150 and Microsoft Basic render driver but that didn't work. Who can help me properly customize the dvvoodoo2 or indicate my mistakes during installation?

In attachments a left fhoto with game folder.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 6, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks. Indeed, it crashes but it's not because of dgVoodoo. The rendering engine crashes on a NULL pointer, that seems to come from the game interal 3d object data. Must be a wrong or missing mesh/object in the game, or sg like that.
The latest official patch for this game is v1.4, maybe that solves the problem. I don't know because my game is v1.11 but couldn't upgrade it to v1.4.

Reply 4 of 6, by Hegel's Nipple

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My version of game 1.4 and on win 7 the same repack works perfect. I think thats problem of my pc chip size, i think i need properly customize dgvoodoo2 and maybe it will work. Am i properly install dgvoodo2 according to my first attacments? And how can i understand that it works.