VOGONS

First post, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

High I am trying to play Kiss Psycho Circus The Nightmare Child on Windows 11 using dgvoodoo 2.78. It works fine during actual gameplay but all the videos and menus are distorted badly with this rainbow like pattern. Dxwind doesn't have this issue however for a lot of reasons I prefer the performance and scaling capabilities of dgvoodoo. I was wondering if anyone knew of a workaround or possibly a fix for dgvoodoo itself? I have pretty much followed to a T all the suggestion pcgamingwiki has for rainbow colors in older 16bit games.

Thanks

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You have to disable the default system compatibility entries (that conflict with dgVoodoo, altough the problem comes for me natively as well) for the game in Compatibility Administrator.

Attachments

• kisspsycho.png
    Filename
    kisspsycho.png
    File size
    343.33 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 2, by Presbytier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-03-05, 14:10:

You have to disable the default system compatibility entries (that conflict with dgVoodoo, altough the problem comes for me natively as well) for the game in Compatibility Administrator.

This is the only thing I have not done, because as far as I can tell Windows 11 no longer lets you. It claims it is read only. And when you go to the Microsoft Download page it states the Win32 compatibility editor will not work anymore.

EDIT I was doing it wrong. I disabled the entries and now it is working perfectly fine for me. Thanks

"Never pay more than 20 dollars for a computer game" - Guybrush Threepwood