VOGONS

First post, by JRRTolkien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi I'm having problems with some versions of dgVoodoo for Fable The Lost Capters, the first problem occurs with versions 2.6 up to 2.62.1 where changing the game resolution from the one forced by the dgvoodoo application causes a bug with lines in water , later versions fix this first bug but it generates a different one, essentially this second bug occurs with all subsequent versions up to the most recent 2.81.1, it happens that the aura of the characters is off-center. Both bugs are visible in the attached images. Anyone know how to fix?

Senza-titolo.png

Senza-titolo3.png

Last edited by JRRTolkien on 2023-08-11, 08:41. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unfortunately there is no fix. I changed the scaling formula in one of the 2.6.x versions and that fixed a lot of glitches. But on the other hand, it made some other game elements wrong (in general).
This problem is present in other games, like Splinter Cell 1. 😐
The only solution is playing the game at unforced (maximum) resolution. I can't remember the max resolution this game supports but if it's below than you want then you should still use that to try to minimize the off-centering.

Reply 3 of 8, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
JRRTolkien wrote on 2023-08-07, 21:40:

A user has posted a video on you tube where using dgVoodoo, he manages to solve the bug of the lines in the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxTN4ldozts

3yrs ago...must be old dgVoodoo2

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 6 of 8, by JRRTolkien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2023-08-08, 15:30:

I'm not sure why you think the aura bug is new, I got it in older dgVoodoo versions too. Seems Force scale&MSAA on RT textures off fixes that.

Hi, it probably also depends on the operating system used, I use windows 10. Could you explain to me better what settings did you put to solve the bug of the lines in water? I am attaching my settings.

6786786.png

What do you mean by RT texture?

Reply 7 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah, indeed that option... I forgot about it.

I can't remember that in which CPL version I introduced the Ext config pages, but you can right-click somewhere on the CPL and allow showing the extended config pages.
You need to set DirectXExt\RTTexturesForceScaleAndMSAA to false.

If the version of the CPL you're using does not support the extended sections then you must edit dgvoodoo.conf manually.