VOGONS

First post, by Triadasoul

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I use dgvoodoo with the game everything works perfectly - but when I alt-tab back to it I have the black screen with game cursor and blue box in the lower left corner.

Are there any fix for it or some settings to overcome it, because the game often needs to be altabbed.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by mika_n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

have you tried with and without "Disable Alt-Enter to toggle screen state" option and then pressing ALT+ENTER key after alt-tabbing back to the game?
In Richard Burns Rally (RBR) game I noticed if the game uses exclusive DirectX9 gfx mode then this option should NOT be ticked to avoid a "black screen syndrome" after alt-tabbing. But, if RBR is configured to use "windowed fullscreen" (ie. not exclusive DX9 fullsceen mode) then it doesn't suffer from this alt-tab "black screen syndrome". Maybe the AOW game has similar option to choose between dx9Fullscreen or windowedFullsceen?

Or try to untick "Application controlled fullscreen/windows mode" dgVoodoo option and then choose "Windowed" fullscreen mode from dgVood options

Last edited by mika_n on 2023-10-10, 12:50. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by Triadasoul

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried both variants "Disable Alt-Enter to toggle screen state" (with toggled off it's just the black screen) - also tried alt-tabbing after - didn't work either (same result as on screenshot).

It's a pity but the game has only 2 settings windowed/fullscreen.

Actually it only runs fullscreen correctly with "Application controlled fullscreen/windows mode" / "Windowed" (unspecified), but still suffers from alt-tabbed blackscreen(screenshot)