VOGONS

First post, by SonicDX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm testing dgvodoo on a somewhat unknown game, but I really like it but..
the game has an error when entering it when I select shader model 2.0 mode
ojueWy.png ojuKQ0.png
but However, the game works normally in shader model 1.3 mode, the game is not very optimized but it works, the problem is that in shader model 1.3 the game loses some features such as motion blur, you can only activate it in shader model 2.0
oju1Kr.jpeg

I thought it could be a game error but if I turn off dgvodoo the game works normally in shader model 2.0
the game is DX9

Reply 1 of 5, by SonicDX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tested trackmania sunrise extreme
and apparently the same thing happens when I put it in shader 1 or 2
the game crashes instantly, but when I test in shader 3.0 the game works but with several texture errors
ojVJWS.png

Reply 2 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I fixed the problem with Nitro Stunt Extreme.
I couldn't find a version of Trackmania Sunrise Extreme that I could run.
So, could you plz test that game with the fixed dll to see if the problem is the same or (probably) partly the same?
Could you attach a log here using the dbg version of the dll for each shader version that doesn't work properly?
(plz set tracing level to maximum Debug\MaxTraceLevel to 2 in the .conf file, it's important)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/nitro_fix.zip

Reply 3 of 5, by SonicDX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all, thank you very much for the corrections you have made!
So I did the tests and nitro stunt racing is working very well, the game has a drop in fps because it is poorly optimized, the problem with the game is in the shadows, just disable it and it works at a perfect 60 fps with rare drops.
I did the test on trackmania and shader 1.0 and 2.0 can access the menu but when you enter the race it freezes and closes the game, in shader 3.0 the textures are appearing and working very well
As you can see in the photo the game has 4 shader modes, from 0 to 3 the game works on 0 but there is no water texture but I believe this is normal, because it was made for slower PCs in the past
Well, I uploaded both logs in both version 1 and version 2
about the logs, I don't know if I did it right, but I tried hahah, the first time I did this, I was honestly scared by the amount of lines it generated in less than 2 minutes, I hope I'm helping
https://file.io/6F0NEXt1sLb6
olnYRi.png
oln7XZ.png
You can find more information about the game at archive.org, it turns out that this game has protection that when installed on newer Windows systems, causes a blue screen until the computer crashes, so you can download it here: REMOVED
I like the trackmania saga, I haven't tried the other games yet but practically all of them run on DX9
you install the normal game, then install the extreme pack and finally patch 1.51, then you apply their fix and then instead of using the dll they made for the fix you use dgvoodoo
This is the only way I managed to make the game work, it was through this patch that removes this security

Last edited by DosFreak on 2023-11-19, 02:39. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 4 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks! Finally I could install and run it.

Indeed there is a crash/freezing problem, it's a regression bug coming from my latest pipeline refactoring. I fixed them. Since it can affect other games too, I'm going to release a new WIP.
Btw, this game still has problems with PC1/PC2 shader levels, the water and/or roadway textures are missing, but it's the same natively and I cannot see anything doing wrong on wrapper side, it must be a game side issue.

Reply 5 of 5, by SonicDX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Interesting, I'm going to see if I can find some time to turn on my old Windows XP computer and test the shader, I suspect it's this patch that is causing this bug in the textures PC1/PC2 but anyway both games are working normally now.
I'll research more about to see if I can find something.
Anyway thanks!