VOGONS

Game issue

Topic actions

First post, by jmcinvale

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a game called Driv3r that only runs on the main monitor.

In Windows 10 I successfully used dgVoodoo to make it run on my second monitor which worked as it should.

When I tried the same thing in Windows 11 home, the game runs fine if dgVoodoo is set to the main monitor, but crashes when set to the second monitor.

There a solution to that issue?

Reply 2 of 10, by jmcinvale

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Both monitors are the exact same.

I'm wondering if it's just an issue with Windows 11.

EDIT:

Got the dbg version in use and it still doesn't work.

Where do I find the log?

I'll take a video of what it does if that will help.

Reply 3 of 10, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
jmcinvale wrote on 2024-03-16, 19:15:
Both monitors are the exact same. […]
Show full quote

Both monitors are the exact same.

I'm wondering if it's just an issue with Windows 11.

EDIT:

Got the dbg version in use and it still doesn't work.

Where do I find the log?

I'll take a video of what it does if that will help.

Run DebugView before running the game and use the debug dgVoodoo2 dlls. The debug output will be in debugview program. Log the output and send here

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 4 of 10, by jmcinvale

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got the debug done.

Wasn't exactly sure how to use debugview so I just did the whole log after clearing the screen right before starting the game and stopping the capture right after the game didn't load.

Filename
Driv3r.txt
File size
1.58 MiB
Downloads
14 downloads
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Oh my graphics card is a PNY GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB XLR8 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X RGB™

Reply 5 of 10, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

TBH, it's weird. The game does not crash but quits. I can only see one dgVoodoo error in the log, but I don't know what it is have to do with the monitor. Maybe it's completely normal, but a log from a monitor on which the game is running is needed to compare the two.

Btw, your monitor rect is a bit weird:

00000016	4:29:26 PM	[21836] [dgVoodoo] INFO: Direct3D9 (00D07C70)     Device 0: Name: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080", Description: "\\.\DISPLAY16", Monitor rect: (-1366, 3, 0, 771)

It's not aligned vertically with the other but it's offseted by 3 pixels. Maybe that? Or with Win10 your other monitor is the primary so this one does not have negative coordinates which the game might not like for some reason?
I don't know, but you can give it a go by experimentally change the order of the monitors, to have this one being the primary.