VOGONS

First post, by Cavalry_2010

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there, I hope you can help me with this, I've recently added a nvidia geforce 6200 to my WindowsME (Yes, ME.) retro gaming pc.. It works great in late 90's windows games, don't get me wrong, it's just Sonic CD that doesn't want to work properly. The PC in question is a Pentium 4 3.06Ghz HT, Msi ms-6737 motherboard, 1Gb of RAM and the 6200.. (Getting soon a SB Live oh yeah, and yes I know this setup is overkill). The thing is that now that I installed the 6200, when I activate fullscreen in sonic cd it just displays some sort of weird double screen 3d like thing, but it didn't when I had the integrated graphics, it just looks like in Druaga1's video. Here's a screenshot of Druaga's video, it looks exactly as mine does:

https://prnt.sc/s116v1

Reply 1 of 6, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

is there a ddraw.dll or something in the game's directory? if there is try removing it

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 6, by Cavalry_2010

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2020-04-17, 09:54:

is there a ddraw.dll or something in the game's directory? if there is try removing it

Thanks for answering, but unfortunately that dll file is not present, the only ones I can see are MSMIXMGR.DLL, SNCTIME.DLL and SONICDLG.DLL

Reply 4 of 6, by Cavalry_2010

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2020-04-17, 22:27:

Are you installing from an original disc?

Have you tried Sega PC Reloaded?
https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?threa … reloaded.34181/

Thanks for responding, yes I'm installing from the original disc, and remember, I'm on WindowsME, Sega PC Reloaded only works on modern operating systems

Reply 5 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cavalry_2010 wrote on 2020-04-17, 22:54:

and remember, I'm on WindowsME, Sega PC Reloaded only works on modern operating systems

It does? I knew it was primarily useful for modern operating systems; I wouldn't have expected that it wouldn't work entirely on older operating systems.

What about older fixes like SonicCDfix?

Reply 6 of 6, by Cavalry_2010

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2020-04-18, 02:23:
Cavalry_2010 wrote on 2020-04-17, 22:54:

and remember, I'm on WindowsME, Sega PC Reloaded only works on modern operating systems

It does? I knew it was primarily useful for modern operating systems; I wouldn't have expected that it wouldn't work entirely on older operating systems.

What about older fixes like SonicCDfix?

Thanks for answering, I downloaded today the old SonicCDfix and looks like it did the trick! No more weird double screen bug, but now there's screen tearing when going full screen, doesn't really matter tho, but idk if you know how to fix that too, thanks in advance.