VOGONS

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here is a list of video games for Microsoft Windows using pre-DX8 APIs and can run on modern Windows OS after Vista. You can add your own entries, just comment down below and also mention if you used any wrapper like dgVoodoo, nGlide. Please note that 3rd partymods aren't allowed.

Here is my list:

Playable:-

Diablo

Command and Conquer Red Alert: Required the patch 3.0x . Also a registry fix is required for the setup as you cant install the game from disk.

Incoming (3Dfx Version-Creative Blaster 3D) :
Had to install on a VM for the files. You might be able to install the game through the OTVDM software.

Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto 2

Need for Speed 2 SE: Requires a compatibility
.sdb file to fix a lot of issues. dgVoodoo or nGlide for Glide emulation. DSound.dll to fix cracking sound. Software mode worked fine

Need for Speed 3: Requires a registry fix and a install.win file to run the game on 64-bit OS as installer doesn't work. It might function under OTVDM but I didn't try. After installing, run the game on Glide mode using nGlide or dgVoodoo and on D3D5 using dgVoodoo. I noticed that on my PC, NFS3 can work without dgVoodoo on D3D5 mode if I launched it with dgVoodoo on D3D5 mode earlier.Software mode works fine

Prince of Persia 3D: Works with dgVoodoo or nGlide after the latest 'unpacked' patch is installed with a no-cd crack.

Motocross Madness: Works with dgVoodoo on some mode(Forgot whether it was Glide or D3D5, if its Glide then nGlide will also work)

Colin McRae Rally: Worked with latest patch and no-cd crack with dgVoodoo installed for D3D5

FIFA 2000: Works with both nGlide or dgVoodoo

Unreal: Requires you to modify the resolution of fullscreen in unreal.ini file for a playble framerate in D3D5. Software mode may crash, similarly change the resolution for fullscreen. Glide mode works fine with dgVoodoo and nGlide.

Unreal Tournament 99 : Requires you to modify the resolution of fullscreen in unrealtournament.ini file for a playble framerate in D3D5. Software mode may crash, similarly change the resolution for fullscreen. Glide mode works fine with dgVoodoo and nGlide.S3TC Texturees can be turned on for modern hardware using the .ini file

Half-Life: Works properly on OpenGL and software.Glide mode worked on both dgVoodoo and nGlide. D3D5 mode may crash, but in most cases it should work. Didn't try out dgVoodoo for D3D5

Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed: Requires latest patch and a no-cd crack. Glide mode works on both dgVoodoo and nGlide. D3D7 mode may crash on native Windows, dgVoodoo fixes the problem.

System Shock 2: Requires SS2 Tool for some reasons, maybe for new executable and binaries.

Midtown Madness: Requires the latest official patch and a no-cd crack. The no-cd crack is then renamed to MidtownMadness.exe. The game might not get hardware acceleration if the executable spelling is midtown.exe. If midtown.exe ghas problem in getting hardware acceleration and if you get tilted corrupt graphics in graphics menu of the game, then you have to rename the game executable and use dgVoodoo for DX6 which is required by the game.

Project I.G.I.: May reuqire dgVoodoo if game has too much lag.

Project I.G.I.-2

Semi-playable:-

Quake: Software and OpenGL worked fine. No mouse acceleration. Glide mode with the wrappers is bugged.

The Ultimate Doom: No mouse acceleration

Doom 95: Requires a modern ddraw.dll in game folder for proper colour. No mouse acceleration

I will update the list more later.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058