VOGONS

First post, by Grayshazzle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone, so I have finally decided that I will install Windows 98 SE on one CF card and then 6.22 on another CF so it makes everything easier without having to deal with partition stuff. So when it comes to drivers what do I need for pure 6.22? I have CuteMouse and my Gravis Gamepad Pro driver. When it comes to the controller, is there a driver that is made for 98, and even if there isn't, can I use the DOS drivers for Windows 98? Do I even need a driver for that controller for 98? Another controller driver I have is a Sidewinder Precision Pro joystick, I think there are only drivers for 98 but once again would they work in DOS or just play without drivers. Do I need any special video drivers for DOS, my GPU is a GeForce 2 MX400, I have heard of VESA but have no idea what it is and don't even know if I need it. And lastly I would like to get the latest firmware update for my TOSHIBA SD-M1202 (DVD ROM Drive), I found a website but is it for DOS or Windows? The main problem that I have is figuring out the cross compatibility between drivers and if it needs one or not. I am only using DOS 6.22 inside of the built in 7.1 of 98 because I want better compatibility. I know it sounds weird but I have made my decision. Lastly first random off-topic question, when I install pure 6.22, do I even need to configure himem.sys for memory reasons, I am not sure so just checking, I want to create a simple configuration without all the crazy code and whatnot, I am new to DOS so just want to avoid all the ups and downs as much as possible. Second, How would I go about installing a driver on DOS, like what is the common commands for installing drivers on pure DOS? Thanks.

Reply 1 of 1, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Isn't this your fifth thread on the subject already?

Maybe reuse one of your previous threads instead of opening a new one every time you have another question.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi