VOGONS

First post, by Grayshazzle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey everyone, I will be listing off the 3 devices I have and want to know if it is even worth installing any of these. I want bare bones support and not all the fancy stuff as I want to keep it simple.

DOS 7.1 (Pure mode maybe too) - Gravis Gamepad (Gameport/DA-15) - This is the basic original gameport variant. I am not sure if I need drivers for DOS and 9x as it is a little older and am not sure. I saw a post online of this item new that showed two floppies and an install CD so I am assuming yes? I do not know where to find the latest version for this sadly or if I even NEED it.

9x - Gravis Gamepad Pro (USB) - Now for this one I got it new so it came with a Gravis Xperience CD, but I heard for the gameport variations that the only big feature for this is to allow a daisy chain of multiple controllers for 2 players/more or something. Other than that, I got nothing besides the thought that it is just a basic program that controls the functions of the controller itself like button customization and all.

9x/DOS 7.1 (Pure mode maybe too) - Sidewinder Precision Pro 1 (Gameport/USB) - For this one I got it used so no install CDs or anything. I am not sure if I even need to install anything too and am a little confused because of the fact that this device comes with the adapter to USB so I am not fully sure how to handle this with drivers. I know this came out in later years with support for 9x but am still on the edge with driver support for DOS and all.

I know this was a lot of info but with controller drivers it can be a little confusing to me but the summary is that I would want to keep it basic and install only "required" drivers to function properly. I want to know if some certain drivers will easily work with DOS with one setup file or if I need multiple variants. The reason why I also got a separate Gravis Gamepad and Pro version is because of USB and Gameport. Gameport I know was big during DOS and that USB doesn't handle too well in it so I just wanted a standalone controller for it. Thanks everyone and I will appreciate the time and effort for some info along with possible links to useful downloads. Thanks everyone and have a good day 😀