VOGONS

First post, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm having trouble getting the music on my AWE64 under Windows 98. There is this very loud hanging note that plays on the Mine table. The hanging note issue seems to go away if I use WDM drivers on other cards, but I've heard that WDM sound card drivers are not as good as VxD drivers under Win98.

Reply 1 of 4, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You might try this:

The background music (MIDI) gets stuck in really slooooow play at the start of the second table, Mine. To work around it, keep music off or go to Preferences and toggle music off and back on.

Source: https://github.com/juanitogan/rbxit/wiki/3D-U … -Pinball-Series

Reply 2 of 4, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just tried your suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem. Toggling the music off and on just causes the game to play the main menu music instead of the table music. Has anyone managed to get the music for this table to work correctly?

Reply 3 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TheMLGladiator wrote on 2021-04-13, 14:11:

I've heard that WDM sound card drivers are not as good as VxD drivers under Win98.

Not sure what you've heard, but this would seem to be a pretty good indicator to the contrary?

In theory they have better performance, but I don't think there's definitive proof of a boost that would make them worthwhile. They're definitely less stable.