VOGONS

First post, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This game has a shortcut to change the video card, and has the Voodoo 2 listed in the readme as a supported card, but the game seems to use my TNT 1 regardless of which card I choose. I've tried Voodoo 2 driver versions 3.01.01, 3.02.02, and 3.03.00, as well as version 2.07 of the Diamond Monster 3D II drivers. I'm assuming the game was designed to use the 3.02.02 drivers, as it requires a "DirectX 7.0 2 MB video card". I also tried to use 3DCC, but that didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas on getting this game to use my Voodoo 2?

On a related note, if the game is using the Voodoo 2 and I unplug the primary graphics card, will the game continue to display?

Reply 1 of 2, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

if the game is using the voodoo 2 its not using the primary card. voodoo 2 just uses primary card for pass through 2d but when the voodoo 2 card is active it switches off the pass through and its just getting video off the voodoo the primary card is not involved.

Is that game even a glide game? if its not a glide game than its just using the voodoo for d3d which is still limited to 640x480 so its not really better tp play d3d games on a voodoo anyways in most cases. I mean a tnt1 is pretty slow so maybe it would be better in your case.

Reply 2 of 2, by TheMLGladiator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Warlord wrote on 2021-05-21, 02:49:

if the game is using the voodoo 2 its not using the primary card. voodoo 2 just uses primary card for pass through 2d but when the voodoo 2 card is active it switches off the pass through and its just getting video off the voodoo the primary card is not involved.

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

Warlord wrote on 2021-05-21, 02:49:

Is that game even a glide game? if its not a glide game than its just using the voodoo for d3d which is still limited to 640x480 so its not really better tp play d3d games on a voodoo anyways in most cases. I mean a tnt1 is pretty slow so maybe it would be better in your case.

No, I believe the game is D3D with a DDraw software mode as a fallback. The TNT1 can do 32 bit color and is probably faster, but it would still be nice to have a choice.

I did a surface scan of the game CD with Anyburn and found that the CD had a bad block, which may be the source of these problems.