VOGONS

Shadow Warrior 3D black screen

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

"better" being vertical-only bilinear filtering on walls. It's still software rendering with palette ramps and the like and still doesn't bring true 3D and it'll regress voxel sprites as well. You're better off running jfSW in OpenGL on a Voodoo2.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 21 of 24, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

True. BUILD games are not real 3D and any 3dfx patch is just a bad hack. You can't turn a 2.5D game into a 3D game just by patching in 3dfx support.

Play it in software mode, as that's how the game is supposed to run. Or get a modern port.

Reply 22 of 24, by Arbys Guy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote:

the sw3dff11.zip from 98 It is the 3dfx patch for that game. It doesn't do a full 3dfx conversion like many people said. It does however allow you to utilize a voodoo 2 at 800x600 and the game does look better and play better even if it's not a massive improvement it is a improvement over the software rendering.

Thanks definitely will do. would i have to disable sli? ive had to do that for metal gear solid in order to get useless water affect to work...Hey wait a minute is it possible to remove the water affect in shadow warrior to make it morel like duke 3d or something? just a thought.

Reply 23 of 24, by Arbys Guy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
derSammler wrote:

True. BUILD games are not real 3D and any 3dfx patch is just a bad hack. You can't turn a 2.5D game into a 3D game just by patching in 3dfx support.

Play it in software mode, as that's how the game is supposed to run. Or get a modern port.

i thought the 3dfx patch just made the game run better i wasn't planning on making it look like eduke32 or something, im playin old school games for a reason 🤣