First post, by .legaCy
Well i don't know about you, but i have a special nostalgia on MSN Messenger, i used it every single day from the version 6 until the 2012 release.
Researching about MSN i came across Escargot MSN Server, just a disclaimer, i have nothing to do with this project, i'm just a person who thought that was a cool idea.
https://escargot.log1p.xyz/ is the home page, they provide pre-patched installers so you can install it, create an account and enjoy the nostalgia, or you can download the official releases and patch it yourself.
About the safety of your conversation, well i can't say for sure but i wouldn't send sensitive information over, but is a cool thing to have in your 98/XP box to talk with your friends.
What you guys think about?
How to Install on Windows 98 SE
Video Tutorial: https://youtu.be/t7y_OqpF6jI
Warning:This version uses insecure login methods, don't use a password that you use elsewhere.
- Download the messenger installer version 4.6.0071 in your language.
List of MSN Messenger installers https://archive.org/details/MsnMessengerClients2
- Create a .reg file with the following content
- Execute the reg file to add those keys to the registry.
- If you don't have an account register at https://escargot.log1p.xyz/
Installing on Windows XP
- Download the 8.5 version.
- Disable on internet options all SSL leaving only TLS.
Note:Apparently some POS2009 update may make this work normally, i didn't tested
Installing on Windows 7
- Download the 8.5 version(i older versions may work too, but i tested only with 8.5).
- If you downloaded an unpatched release you will need an Hex Editor to patch the file(s), detailed instructions on the project page.