VOGONS

First post, by Viper87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
Im trying to install win2k on socket 7 pc and im continiusly getting into windows setup, this loop never ends.
My PC specs
AMD K5-PR133
128 MB SDR
Soltek SL-54U
Matrox G550
Seagate 7200.7 40 GB

Reply 2 of 8, by Viper87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its not booting from cd. Its Windows based setup not Dos.
I read rhat silimar problem occurs on virtual machines. Makeing delay of something helps but in my case idk what i have to delay since i have Real PC.

Reply 3 of 8, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
derSammler wrote:

Make sure it does not boot from CD over and over again. 😉

Yeah that can bite you sometimes, was it xp that came with the press any key to boot from cd ?
cant really remember. whatever he's installing from, he needs to disconnect it after the first reboot iirc.

Reply 4 of 8, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a command line setup process. Is the installation media a burnt cd or the original pressed cd? Try copying it to a folder on the hard drive and install from there.https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-server/com … xe-windows-2000

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 5 of 8, by Viper87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All files have been copied to HDD and installatuon runs from HDD now. When i take out cd it start from HDD. But im constantly getting into setup when you have to put PC name date etc after. When i finish that PC restarts and everytging repeats.

Reply 6 of 8, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sounds like a flat cmos battery. Possible your hdd is a bit large for your mobo as well.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉