VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As the title says. Looking for a late version of this program. This is a freeware MIDI player with some nice features.

Archive.org hosts version 0.63, which is the highest version I can find. An old Hitsquad page for 1.0 is still up, but it directs you to the author's former site for a download. That page is long gone & not archived on the wayback machine or seemingly anywhere else. I also found an old Angelfire page that references v 1.02, but its link goes to a Cnet page that's long gone. Most of the other mentions of this program refer to one of those sites.

If any of you have this, please post it up somewhere!

mp_000.png
(screenshot from Archive.org v0.63)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 2 of 5, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maz-sound literally did not show up in Google or Duckduckgo results for me. I got less than a page of results from each engine. I swear search engines are omitting things on purpose now...

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 4 of 5, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I searched for permutations of "soundworx midplay". Didn't try searching by author. I hate the internet...

v1.0 seems to have completely fixed the frequent lockups I was having with 0.63 & works great. Thanks for tracking it down!

Reply 5 of 5, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

might want to try 1.02... 😁

1.02 Final Release (04-16-98) (this was my last DOS-application !) + added MIDI-fx to the Mixer ('F6') - fixed keyboard code f […]
Show full quote

1.02 Final Release (04-16-98) (this was my last DOS-application !)
+ added MIDI-fx to the Mixer ('F6')
- fixed keyboard code for some controllers; many thanx to
Oscar Rodriguez for pointing out a solution for that bug)
- made triangles bounce to the rythm; thanks to ??? for this idea.
- improved volume-bars - they are now textured
- switched over to pentium code; little speedup, little size-reduction

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe