VOGONS

UT99 woes

Topic actions

First post, by twiz11

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

UT99 suffered from the same ailments as blood 2, GT Interactive, as they were greenlighting stuff really fast before their takeover from Infogrames aka Atari... I get that because Unreal Tournament was released in 99 and Unreal was released 18 months earlier, as well as the last game GT released independently... thats why it looks cheaper than unreal 1998, now i understand why UT99 crashes a lot on pcs bug, I tried the fixes from oldunreal.com, but they work but I am blocked from many multiplayer servers. It's a great rushed game, but feels cheaper than Unreal 98...

OOPS Edit, i got to put this under milliways

Reply 1 of 3, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

UT != Blood 2. UT had enough QA and devtime to iron stuff out for 400. Feedback from several earlier demo releases from 322 to 348 helped this, and it's less about GT Interactive in this case, and Blood 2 being bad isn't entirely GT's fault...

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 3, by BinaryDemon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I love that UT99 still has a software renderer. You can always fall back to that if your having DirectX issues.

Check out DOSBox Distro:

https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxdistro/ [*]

a lightweight Linux distro (tinycore) which boots off a usb flash drive and goes straight to DOSBox.

Make your dos retrogaming experience portable!