VOGONS

Terminator: SkyNet

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by CBM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember that game from back in the day... very awesome (for its time atleast)

Main PC SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Powercolor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT
RAM: 8GB*4 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A
PSU: Corsair RM850

Reply 21 of 23, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
j^aws wrote:

S3 ViRGE/ VX is VRAM-based? I've only tried DRAM-based S3 cards; not sure that would make a difference in DOS with VBE 1.2?

http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item/ … 000-s3-virge-vx

I've got an AGP TNT2 M64 that I should probably try at some point.

Reply 22 of 23, by CBM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
HunterZ wrote:
j^aws wrote:

S3 ViRGE/ VX is VRAM-based? I've only tried DRAM-based S3 cards; not sure that would make a difference in DOS with VBE 1.2?

http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item/ … 000-s3-virge-vx

I've got an AGP TNT2 M64 that I should probably try at some point.

the TNT and TNT2 cards very highly popular in the late 90s.
I remember me and a friend were competing against each other to be the first to replace our TNT cards with TNT 2 cards.
It allowed for playing even better Windows 9x based games.

My PC back then was a AMD K6-2, I also had an overclocked Pentium-II Celeron system that inherited the TNT card from the AMD K6-2 system 😁

Main PC SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Powercolor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT
RAM: 8GB*4 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A
PSU: Corsair RM850

Reply 23 of 23, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CBM wrote:
the TNT and TNT2 cards very highly popular in the late 90s. I remember me and a friend were competing against each other to be […]
Show full quote

the TNT and TNT2 cards very highly popular in the late 90s.
I remember me and a friend were competing against each other to be the first to replace our TNT cards with TNT 2 cards.
It allowed for playing even better Windows 9x based games.

My PC back then was a AMD K6-2, I also had an overclocked Pentium-II Celeron system that inherited the TNT card from the AMD K6-2 system 😁

The college computer I cobbled back together was originally a PII-450 with a TNT1. It was later upgraded to a PIII-550 with a Geforce2MX, but that GPU must have gone bad because someone put a TNT2 M64 in it while it was on loan in the mid-2000s. I no longer have the other cards.