VOGONS

First post, by Eirle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, I see that some people have problems trying to run TES Redguard in 3Dfx mode, I wanna run it in 3dfx using dgvoodoo 1.40+ in my old Toshiba Dynabook,a AMD K6-2 300mhz,with a S3 Virge MX 260 GPU,64mb ram,that in xngine mode is playable,well,I run dgvoodoo server application because Windows Me don't have connection between DOS and Windows as said in the readme.
I run RGFX.exe and I can see that it start, black screen appears, then it changes resolution and goes back to standard resolution and dgvoodoo and rgfx close, I've been trying to run in 3dfx mode a couple of weeks, I just wanna play it with the dgvoodoo in my pure Windows without DOSBox and VMware emulation.
I put dgvoodoo in Redguard directory, I don't know if texture cache in dgvoodoo setup is the use of my RAM.
I see a window open named gdvoodoo glide 2.43 (640x480), it stays black and then closes.

Why has God abandoned us?

Reply 1 of 4, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Your S3 Virge MX 260 has 2 MB of video memory. There's no way to get dgVoodoo to work with that. Also, even the fastest Virge (which the MX isn't) is way too slow to even reach 10% of what a Voodoo card is able to render and the slow CPU doesn't help either. But since it's a notebook and you can't upgrade the graphics card, you have reached a dead end anyway.

Last edited by derSammler on 2019-10-20, 18:39. Edited 1 time in total.