VOGONS

First post, by MichaelWeaser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I try to install Windows XP pro SP4 with post-SP4 added to the installation disc , the installation freezes during the install. It freezes when it gets to the Installing network part of setup, which is near the end of the Windows XP setup. I have to hold down the power button down to get the computer to turn off, since it fully freezes the computer.

Windows XP pro with just SP4 slipstreamed , installs perfectly fine , and only when Post-SP4 is slipstreamed to a previous Sp4 installation disc is when I have problems. I know that 100% the Post-SP4 update is compatible with the computer since it is a Pentium 4 machine.

Reply 2 of 4, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MichaelWeaser wrote:

Windows XP pro with just SP4 slipstreamed , installs perfectly fine , and only when Post-SP4 is slipstreamed to a previous Sp4 installation disc is when I have problems.

It should be obvious that you can not slipstream official and non-official updates combined, since due to the lack of awareness between them, it causes conflicts with various files.

Reply 3 of 4, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Personally, I avoid those sketchy SP4 whatever. They always end up causing issues at some point.

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 4 of 4, by MichaelWeaser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
derSammler wrote:
MichaelWeaser wrote:

Windows XP pro with just SP4 slipstreamed , installs perfectly fine , and only when Post-SP4 is slipstreamed to a previous Sp4 installation disc is when I have problems.

It should be obvious that you can not slipstream official and non-official updates combined, since due to the lack of awareness between them, it causes conflicts with various files.

The problem is that the unofficial SP4 and post-SP4 was created by the same developer to be used together, and with the official XP updates and embedded updates used together as well. Some people have no problem with using SP4 and Post-SP4 together at all with a fresh install, I am guessing problems can occur due to different hardware.

The unofficial SP4 is all regular windows xp sp3 updates to 2014 and Windows XP SP3 embedded POS updates to 2016. Post-SP4 is than the POS updates from 2016 to 2019 . Post-SP4 is separated from the regular SP4 because of the SSE2 requirement.