VOGONS

First post, by abasak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I hope you guys can help. I'm trying to show my kids what FIFA-games were like when I grew up.

Just today FIFA kinda worked on my slot 1 P3-633mhz system with 384Mb RAM, with Phil's Windows 98-DOS setup (modified to work with my Danish keyboard layout). I have problems making FIFA accept my Audician 32 card in DOS, why i don't know. So I thought I would try on my WiP SS7 system with a 6x86 266Mhz CPU and 256Mb of RAM. It is running MS-DOS 7.1, copied from the Windows installation above, and with Phil's bootfiles, again modified. Even with no sound, I get this:

Abnormal program termination: Memory protection fault
cs:EIP = 000fh:0009c4e8h

Now this SS7-system is waiting for its right card, a Geforce 2 MX400, and has a pretty crappy Rage Pro 2 LT installed, but I doubt that is the culprit.

I have tried with Extended and Expanded memory, so I don't know what is going on. And I tried with a FreeDOS 1.2 boot disk, which gave exactly the same error.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Could this be the problem https://deinmeister.de/e_cy6x86cr.htm

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-04-13, 05:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This thread was started in 2007 by zelenog when running the game in DOSBox. It doesn't sound like you are using DOSBox to run the game. If not then this is the wrong forum sectio for this.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline