VOGONS

First post, by D3SOL4TE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know of any way of finding the correct Creative Alchemy settings (aside from trial and error) for games that aren't auto-detected?

Or at least explain what each of the settings highlighted below does.
Alchemy-Settings.png

P.S. The best I've found is this old forum post.

Reply 2 of 5, by D3SOL4TE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the links dottoss. I had already seen the second link and while still useful doesn't say what Alchemy settings to use.

The first link is what I'm looking for albeit still far from complete, unfortunately.

Thanks again.

Reply 3 of 5, by dottoss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Cool!

My own experience is that the individual settings rarely if ever needs any tweaking so the main concern for me has always been to check up the audio source instead. It is of importance as it dictates whether alchemy is needed or not at all. The only time I had to adjust the settings is when I hear glitches and then usually the buffer setting needs to be adjusted upwards but sometimes downwards. I have never had to adjust duration or voice count. The default settings just works 99.99% of the time.

But these are answers on question you did not ask, with that said, I can't answer exactly what they are or how they function. I mean voice is probably channels but the other two I don't know.

Reply 4 of 5, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Check this. If you are running Windows 10 x64, then you will most likely need to move some files around since the Alchemy installer doesn't actually work properly on Windows 10 x64
https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial … lem_windows_10/

Pretty sure I saw something else about this quite a while ago in regards to some other stuff that needs to be done but not finding it at the moment.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 5 of 5, by D3SOL4TE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using Windows 10 Home 64bit, I checked and everything appears to be where it should be.

I should note that I'm using Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 software though opposed to an actual soundcard with hardware support for EAX.